You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Touring & travel > Northern spain

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

m4lhu

Feb 09

m4lhu says:

Northern spain

i'm travelling to Northern spain on May 4th 2009.

Looking for good roads and places to stay any advice would be welcome, we are looking for fast twisty roads with good surfaces for fun, and places to avoid?

we are open to any advice so please speak freely.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (19 February 2009 22:32)

Post a message in Touring & travel

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ducatiboy1967

Feb 08

the north

If you just travel the pilgramage route to Santiago you won't be disappointed.  Avoid La Coruna as it's the capital and very busy.  Loop back via Ourense, past Leon.  Then go to Aguliar Del Campo and into. the  Picos.  If you travel into Fuente De There is a hunting lodge on the left as you travel out of Potes which has panoramic views of the mountains.  At Fuete De there is the longest unsupported cable car to the sumit of one of the mountains which ffers great views.  When leaving this area take the n261 through gorges with waterfalls on either side f the road.  General advice, keep an eye on the fuel because if you travel of the beaten track fuel stations can be scarce,  also remember the the Basque area does not speak the Spanish in a translation book and, whilst many of the hostels are great, they disappear if you leave it too late in the day and it starts to get dark!:wink:.  PM me if you need more specifics.  DB

Reply to this Topic
Badger57

Dec 08

Badger57 says:

Places to stay

Hi, am also travelling down through france and spain but in june and have yet to aquire sleeping arrangements for i night in spain both going and on the way back up 2 weeks later, will be travelling near Zaragoza but dont want to go into it, if you come across any b&bs in that area, please do let me know, am also doing the N260 which im told is a must do road, if you do this road, will you tell me how frequent the fuel stops are as i ride an R1 and is not the biggest of tanks,, Cheers Badger

Reply to this Topic
EasyNinja

Jul 05

EasyNinja says:

formule1

i find these quite cheap and handy to use whilst in europe.

u can book these b 4 u go and u dont have to pay until ur there .. and they maybe basic but if ur on a budget theyre ideal.

Reply to this Topic
jonpspencer

Aug 02

jonpspencer says:

Northern Spain

Just remember that the northern area of Spain can be VERY WET. They dont have the Costa Verde(Green Coast) from being a dry area. When it rains, IT RAINS. A lot of people forget that and have a terrible time as a result.

Previously, I have found all of Spain to be a wonderful country, full of interesting people, places and roads. Pack carefully and dont over-do the mileage and your bound to have a great time.

Good Luck, Jon...

Reply to this Topic
m4lhu

Feb 09

m4lhu says:

Northern Spain

Hi, i'm still planning routes etc, but when i return i will send you any usefull information we have collated.

Reply to this Topic
m4lhu

Feb 09

m4lhu says:

northern spain

Hi Jon you were right with the rain, we were lucky and avoided most of it.

We had a great time and will most definatelry be returning next year.

Reply to this Topic
Shyhoulud

May 09

Shyhoulud says:

Oh Picos!!!!

I travelled to the Picos region a few years ago for some mountain walking but travelled by minibus. Would love to do the journey again by motorbike!!! :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
ducatiboy1967

Feb 08

The Picos

If you want to go again soon I am startig a travel company.  I will arrange everything and show you the best bits!  PM me if you are interested.  DB

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle