You are in... Forums > General > General > OUT TODAY - Strathyre

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

OUT TODAY - Strathyre

Yes! ...the first proper run of the year! ...and woke to blue sky and dry..'ish' roads! :smile

Down to 'Wetherspoons' for breakie and meet the others ...some just came for the breakfast ...others turned up on bikes for a run.  

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (22 February 2009 20:20)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
morris987@btinternet.com

Dec 08

luke

i rode an R6 last week they are phenominal all round ,and the older model was the gutless one till yuo got it buzzing

Reply to this Topic
lucas_yamaha

Jul 08

lucas_yamaha says:

well

i was goign to try get a 06/07 one when i get round to getting one

Reply to this Topic
morris987@btinternet.com

Dec 08

any

after 06 go like shite off a shovel ,ive got a 57rr 7 blade and the r6 felt more comfy ,maybe a bit down on power but how fast to you wanna go got it up just under 155mph with very little provocation on a very short stretch of bypass ,i cant or would not have believed it if some one had told me how they go but ive seen and done it

Reply to this Topic
lucas_yamaha

Jul 08

lucas_yamaha says:

all

ive heard about them was that there wasnt a lot of power low down abut get it to about 13-14,000rpm and youll find it or something, its got longest power band ou of 600 i read as well just right up top, but they are suppose to be sh*t hot handling.

cheers for real world info on it as this WILL be the next bike for me, when i get the funds:lol:

Reply to this Topic
EasyNinja

Jul 05

EasyNinja says:

lucas

ive got an 07 plate as u know... ive had 3 636 cc ninjas before the R6 .. i, in my opinion find the r6 more involving and better handling than the ninjas..

those who say its got crap low / midrange .. are the journo's who think they shud be out racing rossi instead of writing for a mag ( yeah right ) / or those road riders who, as we mentioned before.. talk shite!!!

ive raced litre pilots.. and ive stuck right behind them.. even beaten a few ... the latest R6 is an awesome machine for a 600!!! i know i ride it every week!!

U WONT BE DISSAPPOINTED when u get one mate!!

get saving :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

Bazwaldo

Kam

Some cracking pics there mate, looks like you had a good day for it.........if I hadn't been dayshift I might have seen you up by Loch Lubnaig.

Was up Strathyre way myself today, first decent run I've had for months too,,

Thanks mate. :winkie: Glad you got decent weather today and were able to get out too.

Hey ..are you coming along on the forum rideout in May...Sunday 17th. ..with us and the group from down south? .. We will be meeting up in Strathyre/Callander and heading off to Kyle of Lochalsh or Oban etc. for the day.

See numbers here :-

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/community/Forums/Categories/Topic/?topic-id=350754&start-page=20   

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wilksy288

Jan 09

wilksy288 says:

damn

you lot, you make me so jealous:mad::lol:......i need a motorbike dammit.... i just wanna get out on the road now....:lol:

good pictures btw kam, what camera do you use coz those pics are good quality??

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

wilksy288

I need a motorbike dammit

'Just do it !'  :winkie:

good pictures btw kam, what camera do you use coz those pics are good quality??

Thanks mate . :smile..see below :- 

Reply to this Topic
lucas_yamaha

Jul 08

lucas_yamaha says:

easy

its one thing getting the bike but then theres the ridiculous insuranc eprice for a 21/22 year old on a R6 lol

Reply to this Topic
EasyNinja

Jul 05

EasyNinja says:

luca

intsalments dude... or find sum 1 else to insure it and have u as a named rider on isnurance.. :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices