Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi bemoans loss of qualifying tyres MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi bemoans loss of qualifying tyres

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi bemoans loss of qualifying tyres

Six-times MotoGP world champion Valentino Rossi has bemoaned the loss of qualifying tyres under the new single tyre rule for 2009. The Fiat Yamaha rider is worried that Saturday afternoon’s qualifying session will be mush less of a spectacle without the super soft qualifying tyres. The final stages of qualifying were also highly charged affairs with pole position sometimes swapping places more...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (24 February 2009 11:50)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
chubbie

Aug 02

chubbie says:

Can't have everything..

..Valentino. This might even things up a bit.

Reply to this Topic
DJCALVERT

Feb 09

DJCALVERT says:

QUALIFYING TYRES

THERE IS A SINGLE TYRE RULE IN WORLD SUPERS AND THE QUALIFYING IS STILL THERE. IF BRIDGESTONE CAN'T AFFORD TO GIVE BACK A LITTLE EXCITEMENT FOR THE FOLLOWERS OF THE SPORT THEN MICHELLIN SHOULD HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE DEAL, OR EVEN PIRELLI IF THEY COULD AFFORD IT.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

He's Squirming!

He's squirming, and that's good. About time other riders got a sniff of eqaulity. If there is anything they can do for the spectacle, maybe the answer is that only times posted in the last  10-15 minutes of the last session can count towards qualifying. Riders then don't have the comfort of falling back on times posted when they timed a clear track perfectly. The traffic and jossling for track position could certainly bring about some entertainment and shaking of heads and fists. Good riddance to the qualifiers I say!

Reply to this Topic
Telboye1

Jun 08

Telboye1 says:

Superpole

Superpole anybody?

Reply to this Topic
AdestheMex

Aug 08

AdestheMex says:

Qualifiers

It's the right decision in my book. Thats the whole point of qualifying, to put the person with the fastest lap time on pole and the next best after, and so on....................  This gives you a better indication of race form and who has their setup sorted. As for Valentino, I can understand why he wants them and it isn't for the "show". It's because he knows that last year, Stoner used mostly race rubber to qualify! 

Where's the Stoner baggers gone? If they're weren't biased they'd be here right now...........

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

It's one less skill he 'new breed' need to worry about.

Rossi is right, it detract,s from the show, I can't believe that anyone thinks that first and second practice were more exciting than qualifying,. It's like gcse's if nobody is good enough to get top marks they just make it easier... I wonder why Rossi still bothers, it's getting so sanitised they could open a motogp school where you can get practice and entrance to a race for your birthday........

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Stop moaning Valentino!

I can see the other side of the arguement, however, they've all used qualifiers before. Qualifiers have nothing to add except nightmares for the teams to get around two lots of set up parameters for the weekend. More time now for the newer riders/teams to learn how the bike is on raceday......Well it would have been if these dogf***ers didn't go and change those rules too!

Anyway, same rules for everone so all's fair. Plus it's very entertaining to see Rossi out of his comfort zone after having everything his way for so long. You'd be mad to write him off, but I'm be starting to think he's gonna be his own worst enemy this year.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr900rr

Jun 07

qualifying

it`s a waste of time i`d much rather they spent the time setting up the bike for a full race rather than set the bike up for last minute stab at pole on qualifiers and then the bikes just spread out on race day cos the bikes was prepped for qualifiers not race tyres.....plus it might make for closer racing come sunday afternoon if every body is setting up their bike for the same tyres all the way through practice,qualifying and race day

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr900rr

Jun 07

hugelean

qualifying was only any in the last 5 minutes.....what the fuk u on....i`d rather see close racing for 45 mins than that 5 minute scramble crap

Reply to this Topic
TheCelticHound

Jun 08

MORE TRUTHFUL GRID

With the loss of qualifiers we should get more realistically truthful grid placings. However, the possible downside to this is that we are less likely to see riders placing on the 3rd and 4th row of the grid coming through to challenge for the podium places. I certainly hope it does not make the racing as processional as it was in 2009. Certain riders could utilise qualifiers better than others so giving us false grid placements but the possibility of much more overtaking throughout the race. While I believe an element of excitement has been removed ie the last 10 minutes of frantic hoop changing but fully understand the economics of the new system. Ciao

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle