Skip to content

Ask an Expert failed test-can I appeal? Legal

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Legal > failed test-can I appeal?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

miffed

Feb 09

miffed says:

failed test-can I appeal?

Did my bike test t'other day, thought i'd done alright, but at the end the examiner said i'd failed, because "you did not have all your fingers on on the front brake lever during the emergency stop". He says he saw that my little finger wasn't on the lever. He gave me a serious fault under section 12 Control "use of handbrake/ MC front brake". But he never put down even a minor fault for section 2 Controlled Stop, even tho this has boxes to record faults specific to the control of the bike during the stop. The sheet therefore shows I made a satisfactory controlled stop, but he says it was this  that caused me to fail. That doesn,t seem right to me, can I challenge his decision?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (24 February 2009 21:10)

Post a message in Legal

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
R100R

Jun 07

R100R says:

I would say

not a chance.  Get over it and pass next time.

Reply to this Topic
scutter21

Jan 09

scutter21 says:

no way

i failed twice on stupid thing you have just got to go again better luck next time :ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
mrh3369

Jun 06

mrh3369 says:

You can appeal.

But there is no way on earth you will win it and you will piss off the examiner(and his friends) so the next time you take your test you will fail again and again and again and so on...............

Best just take it on the chin without complaint and book another test and remember not to do it again on your next test.:winkie:

Reply to this Topic
jdavies123

Mar 04

jdavies123 says:

oh

As said before, better off doing your test again! Next time just keep your little finger on the lever! LOL

Reply to this Topic
scousertommy

Sep 08

scousertommy says:

failed test-can I appeal?

thats sh*te that mate. Its an emergency...  Passed on friday first time. But think most of it is down to luck, and the mood of the examiner.... Expensive now too, hope you get it done before the new test change.

Reply to this Topic
paulkundu

Jul 06

paulkundu says:

failed test

Sorry to hear you failed. Speaking as a driving instructor, the only thing that can be achieved from an appeal, is another test at no charge. The DSA will not reverse the outcome.

Unfortunately, in the circumstances, can't see them doing that as technically it was a fault with the use of the brake, rather than the actual e-stop.

Better luck next time.

Reply to this Topic
R100R

Jun 07

R100R says:

Err no Tommy

It wasn't an emergency, it was a test.:unsure:

Reply to this Topic
nobodysdriving

Feb 08

I have to say

that my little finger often does not even reach the brake on most bikes...
does that mean I am doomed to fail before I even sit the test?
I can assure you my little finger was NOT on the lever when I did my emergency stop in the test as it could not reach the lever, yet I've passed first time with two minors on paper (and the minors were not about the emergency stop).
But like others have said, they don't go back on their decision, you might get a free re-test if at all.

Reply to this Topic
scousertommy

Sep 08

scousertommy says:

R100R

It was an emergency, an emergency stop. I went to change down gears at the end and picked up a minor fault. But the examiner said I stopped the bike "in an emergency" under control:roll eyes:

Reply to this Topic
vtrryan

Mar 09

vtrryan says:

Keep trying

It took me on my twice to pass mine due to little things! But them little things could be a matter of life or death some times!

Keep going you will soon feel better when you have done it.

Good luck

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices