General Top Tips For New Bikers General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Top Tips For New Bikers

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Spindly Killerfish

Jun 08

Top Tips For New Bikers

I was just thinking after I posted the stupid reply about sticker removal (sorry) that there is a myriad of experience on this forum as well as the 'new to biking' fellows (and fellowesses).

Has anyone got any top tips (real ones this time) in relation to biking, skills maintenance etc that has been passed on or learned over years of experience that newbies could benefit from, things like taking out a coaster to put your sidestand on in hot weather so it doesn't sink through the tarmac.

Just thought as old farts could impart a bit of brain.

Sorry if this is a repost. SK.

P.S. whilst writing this I am wearing my wife's panties.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (01 March 2009 13:13)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
tourx4

Mar 10

tourx4 says:

tips for us lot!!

Great tips please keep them coming, i'm currently getting to know my 1st bike honey(a suzuki gn125):biggrin::biggrin::laugh::laugh:

Reply to this Topic
djpert1

Feb 10

djpert1 says:

Chavs

Try not to park your bike in the city centre over night. Some drunk tw*ts pushed my mint, never been dropped, Bandit 600 over!!! Annoyin thing is, I'm a new rider and have completed my first 1000 miles without droppin it. Somone else did it for me!!!

Also, if you find whoever does this to your bike, a good tool is a 1m length of steel pipe or the classic baseball bat. Whichever you prefer, or you could kick their saxo in. 2 wrongs don't make a right? I beg to differ!!

Reply to this Topic
tourx4

Mar 10

tourx4 says:

Great tips

Great tips, please keep them coming!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
wobblybiker

Mar 09

wobblybiker says:

maintenance

If you are going to take your bike apart to do maintenance and have not done it many times before, make sure you have a digital camera to hand and take plenty of photos at each stage of the removal process.  You'll then know were everything went when you out it back together again.

Reply to this Topic
tourx4

Mar 10

tourx4 says:

your great tips

Loved your tips found them funny but rather good, more please!!!!!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
mrmarklin

Apr 10

mrmarklin says:

Top tip

There are two kinds of Bikers:  Those that have been down, and those that will.:ph43r:

Be Prepared

Reply to this Topic
Gixxer1000L0

Apr 10

Gixxer1000L0 says:

my tuppence worth

if you are riding on a country road in an enthusiastic manner always

• be able to stop within the distance you can see to be clear
  • ride in such a manner that you could cope with yourself coming in the opposite direction
  • on a bend look at where you want to go rather than what you think you're going to hit
I have decided to follow this threads clothing rules and I am currently wearing a suspender belt and stockings

Reply to this Topic
pete369

Jul 08

pete369 says:

old truths!!!

i was told years ago you aint riden a bike till you've been off it at least once, i cant give riding tips yet to busy catching up on my own skills !!!:smiley::ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
adamjs

Feb 10

adamjs says:

tank bags

when you have got a tank bag on make sure there is no way that you can turn the bars and catch your kill switch. took me quite a while to figure that out good job i had the helmet on so you couldn't see my red face lol.

great post by the way.. :laugh:

Reply to this Topic
halftank

Feb 10

halftank says:

To all of you....

preparing for mod 2.......

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale