Skip to content

Discuss This 122mph biker jailed for six months Politics & the law

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > Politics & the law > 122mph biker jailed for six months

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Chris Newbigging  says:

122mph biker jailed for six months

A biker has been sentenced to six months in prison for riding at 122mph with his 14 year-old son pillion. Robert Bennett was sentenced earlier today (Monday 2 March) to six months in prison as well as an 18-month driving ban for speeding on his Suzuki Hayabusa on the A361 in North Devon in April 2008. He had picked his 14 year-old...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (02 March 2009 13:50)

Post a message in Politics & the law

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
shazhome

Aug 02

shazhome says:

We are all Doomed!!!!!

Idiots like this are the reason why inocent bikers are feeling ever increasing pressure from plod, the fact that he sits his son on the back of his bike with no protection (bare hands????) should be enough reason to ban this idiot speeding or not.

Then he admits that he opened the throttle because it was raining, can some please explain the thoery behind this ? Maybe he didnt want his son to get wet because he wasn't wearing suitable clothing.

This should be a case for social services to asses his abilty as a father.

Reply to this Topic
ginger nuts

Aug 02

ginger nuts says:

law change needed

I feel that this idot should not ride a bike for a while doing such speeds with his son on the back with no protection ,( I can see why his mother has custody.)   i always wear gloves , boots and a jacket .However its not the law to wear any protection other than a helmet. Maybe its about time the law was changed so that gloves were added seeing as your hands are the first things you put down if your unlucky enough to fall off.

Reply to this Topic
gerbilion

Mar 09

gerbilion says:

Interesting that when you put 'Error 03 speed gun code' in the tinternet and search it, it comes back with....

Error 03 - Unstable reading due to poor aim or panning off of target  !

I fail to see how that can possibly be used as proof of speed???

as for the lack of protective clothing he should of shown a bit more noodle for the poor lad !!! I am a firm believer in each to their own. But thats just being an idiot

Reply to this Topic
FOGs

Feb 09

FOGs says:

Ive just seen this video here is a link http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20090302/video/vuk-speeding-biker-jailed-for-6-months-49bfa63.html the error code is correct as per the last comment however as it hits the number plate it get a reading of *---122mph, Dont believe it for 1 min watch it there's NO WAY he was doing 122 on that film?

Reply to this Topic
Jonathan

Aug 02

Jonathan says:

Whilst he clearly has been extremely foolish, 6 months inside is out of all proportion, bearing in mind the derisory sentences given to people who commit acts of violence.

Community service and some compulsory training would seem to be to be an appropriate response.

What would the sentence have been for a car driver doing the same speed with the lad in the front seat with no seatbelt?  I would guess a ban for the speed and a slap on the wrist for the seatbelt offence.

In the end it's the potential not the actual in this case.  (Don't get me started on sentencing policy)

Reply to this Topic
marknich

Aug 02

marknich says:

122mph biker jailed for six months

I've just watched the BBC report on this biker and there is no way he was doing 122 mph. He was almost upright as he took the corner so it doesn't add up! Speeding he may have been but 122mph is rubbish and there needs to be a police investigation into this.

Reply to this Topic
Kingsil

Mar 09

Kingsil says:

This guy is a fool but a six month custodial sentence is wholly disproportionate. Of course now the Labour party have released all the muggers, thieves and career criminals early they obviously have enough room to lock him up. We should all take it easy out there, we are the new pariahs and it's becoming fashionable to hate us. After thirty years of biking I've never felt such palpable hostility toward bikers.

Reply to this Topic
bryfor59

Feb 09

bryfor59 says:

After looking at video following FOGs link, have to agree there's no way he is doing 122mph he would need to have the bike tipped right over going into the corner at that speed or be braking hard before entering, which there is no sign of.

He is still a selfish twat though for allowing his kid to ride pillion with no protection, and still needs his arse booted severely!!!!

Reply to this Topic
AlanMcT

Oct 07

AlanMcT says:

6 months - should be hanged!

What if a tyre had burst at that speed? (okay it hasn't happened at that speed since Parry Thomas battled with Malcolm Campbell - but it might). What if his engine had siezed up? ( I had a BSA Bantam that used to do that and I don't see why a Hyabusa should be any different). What if someone had veered out of control in front of him? What would happen then? What if ....What if ........What if .....Fucking 'What if' people should be shot. Hey, that's a nice thought. What if all those 'What if' people trying to make life resemble sleepytown in suburbia would all emigrate and leave me and my friends to enjoy life???????????? I usually do 150mph somewhere each weekend - must be a life sentence if I get caught. What if? You 'What if' people make insurance companies wealthy - and make such boring company........

Reply to this Topic
vfrjon46

Mar 09

vfrjon46 says:

6 months?

So, a Lord can get away with 12 weeks for killing someone whereas a biker gets 6 months for driving fast? Doesnt seem that fair to me??!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices