Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow: "I could have won it" World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Cal Crutchlow: "I could have won it"

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Cal Crutchlow: "I could have won it"

Cal Crutchlow and Eugene Laverty confirmed they will be title contenders in the World Supersport championship after finishing fourth and fifth, separated by 1/1000th of a second and just one second off the outright race win. But they face seriously stiff championship competition from podium finishers Kenan Sofuoglu, Andrew Pitt and Anthony West, after a race that saw up to 15...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (02 March 2009 16:55)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
crappyname

Feb 09

crappyname says:

Could have, would have, should have?

Without the nëutrals you would have won the race"??"What planet are you on? Dickhead!

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

WSS

Good to see Laverty,West and Crutchlow up the sharp end,shame he had to mention about missing gears,just get on and make sure it does not happen again then win the race!!??

Reply to this Topic
windy12

Oct 07

windy12 says:

of course..

If he had caught up with them they would have just let him ride past!!  Keep your mouth shut Cal, it is just the first race.  He did really well and looks like he can run with the front runners, but continously running wide, and not just on the last three laps, will have him on the deck on some tracks with the marbles on the outside and general lack of grip, or punted off when he cuts back in to the pack who are on the right line.  I thought the other riders where gentle with him compared to their later in the season antics last year.

Those Hondas look really comfortable at the front, Cal didnt look anything like as comfortable, but it was a good result, Laverty and West looked good too.  Mentioning missing gears refelcts badly on the team, careful what you are saying Cal, watch and listen to Jonathan Reay in public that is the way to almost ensure a permanent seat or just be better than anyone else by massive amounts, but that takes results not words.

Reply to this Topic
travis73

Jun 07

travis73 says:

If....

That reminds me of a Billy Connolly joke.. If that had of gone in the net it would have been a goal... Cal the difference between you and guys in front was that they didnt miss gears at crucial stages. Which is why they beat you. Do the basics at crucial times and you might be in a position to challenge... Maybe.

Go on Laverty. And congrats to westy for smoking that rear, being down on top end and still getting the 3rd step. Although on the Ten Kate or the Yamaha and he'd be on the top step, as he did last year. Come on Stiggy and get him some power!!

Reply to this Topic
badgerthedog

Apr 04

badgerthedog says:

guess you lot have never missed a gear then   crappyname crappy comments 

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

Of all the brits he's the one who has chosen wisely,SS first to learn all the cicuits and get used to very close and competitive racing.Regardless of where he finishes this year , next year will be HIS year either in SS or WSB.

Good luck to him

Reply to this Topic
perenialnovice

Nov 05

A racer generally knows where he can finnish

Well done Cal and Laverty, If Cal says he would have won it ,then he would have ,but for the set back of false neutrals. The guys a winner end of.  But he has to follow up now with a pass on Westy, Pitt and Sofu on the last lap. easier SAID than done! But I don't doubt he has the ability to put it to them.

Really we are just lucky to have him and Laverty in this class, battleing at the sharp end. They will both be in the next class up next year if they keep this up.

What I want to know is; Sofu; would he be as good on the new GP2 bikes? Because the likes of Rea and Cal can cut it on any bike. What feeder class will best suit GP2. I don't think it it will naturally be GP125's anymore. This replacemnet for 250 2t's will be interesting to see what happens. Because if talent is bled away from SS then what's the point of supers?

Reply to this Topic
chris313nt

May 08

chris313nt says:

Westy

I'm really pleased for the Brits, but more pleased for Westy after he had to put up with riding that piece of junk last year...he's now proved to Krapasaki what a really top quality rider he is!!!

Reply to this Topic
Keeno46

Jul 08

Keeno46 says:

Westy

Begining of 07 Westy was on the top Yamaha, and he won a few races before the MotoGP move, so he is quick

Reply to this Topic
blackhill

Aug 02

blackhill says:

Smart move...

With the 600s taking over the 250cc class in 2 years, this will be the breeding ground for a few top level rides. I predict that Sofu will hang around til then, having been overawed by the superbikes.

Cal put up a good show, he seemed to be learning the circuit for a few laps and gave us something interesting to shout about. Sofu is class on a 600, mind...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices