You are in... Forums > General > General > police, law, speeding

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

liquid_metal

Mar 08

liquid_metal says:

police, law, speeding

Is it ok to do 55 in a 40 zone? or what about 80-90 in a 70 zone? no, ofcourse not for the every day person like you and i, we'll have a fine and points even if the road was clear and nothing could possibly happen, However in the space of 3 weeks i have seen a group of 3 police bikes over take me in a 70 zone and it looked like they was having a laugh as they was close together with NO!!! blue lights on and a couple of weeks later a speed camera van over took me in a 40 zone!!!! what is the deal with that? is it really ok for the people that are out to get us to go speeding? wonder if he got a photo of himself speeding!

I really cant see a problem with going as quick as you like on an open road if its safe to do so, i agree with 30 and 40 zones but on A and M roads you should be able to ride to the conditions. The new news is that they are working on cameras to watch and track our journeys! (speed limits on motorways we're originaly put there in the 50's to keep train journeys quicker then car journeys, its true, look it up)

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (04 March 2009 14:30)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
gizzabreak

Apr 07

gizzabreak says:

nik77 says:

gizza

good to see the troll has awakened..the thread if you read it properly is asking why is it the police who are not on emergency calls allowed to excessivly speed through 30-40 zones and on motorways..if you need help i'm sure someone will read it very slowly for you..

Because they have to train you pillock.:blink:

Is that such a hard concept for you to grasp.

Look - it's obvious you are not very bright, so I'll illustrate it for you.

If you are caught with a firearm, you will get at least five years inside.

A cop however can carry a gun as part of his job.

Hard though it maybe for you to accept, the Police are allowed to do things you and I are not because their job demands it.

Part of their job requires getting to incidents very quickly, which means they have to break the speed limits, which in turn means they need to train for those scenarios.

Something we cannot legally do.

So there's your answer.

Police drivers speed on public roads, even when not responding to emergencies, because they need to train.

Not the sharpest tool in the box are you :lol:

Reply to this Topic
Hommedv

Feb 09

Hommedv says:

'nik 77 says'

I have to say in all my experience of police driver training the only speeding allowed was in areas covered by the national speed limit. You failed if you went over any posted speed limit. You can just see the headlines where police speed over a 30 mph limit and are involved in an accident, say a kiddie coming out of school! It just doesn't happen, so someone needs an apology for  how rudely you addressed him.

Reply to this Topic
liquid_metal

Mar 08

liquid_metal says:

delay

sorry for the delay in this post, haven't checked this one in a while. what is so hard to understand? if they are going to do high speed training on public roads (i know they need to train) they should SWITCH THE FUCKING BLUE LIGHTS ON i said nothing about not wanting them to train and if you read the 1st post i said it LOOKED like they was fucking around racing, not training or trying to get to an emergency. Of corse if there is an emergency i want the police, fireservice who ever there as quick as possible but my original arguement was that the bastards out to get us mess around theirself on the roads. I then went on to say in another post that i would rather 100 people get away with speeding or a small number plate if those police (or glorified traffic wardens as they really are) was around to stop even one mugging, murder or RAPE! Please no more replys from brain washed, cant think for themself, green because its fashionable arseholes

Reply to this Topic
tsgv

Jan 09

tsgv says:

Can

the people who are stating that the Police are there to turn a profit back this up with some evidence, as they are a public service funded by the tax payers, the money they make from fines like people say goes back in to the justice system (not just the police) it also goes in to the goverments bank account.

Also I think that alot of people complain about how the police take liberties with this and speed that, if you are so annoyed by this then apply for a job, everyone takes some sort of liberties with their job i.e. using the company internet during lunch breaks, putting a few extra miles on your milage allowance etc

Liquid they were more than likely on a traning course and were just enjoying what they were doing (some people enjoy their jobs :tongue: ) usually along the lines of Keep up with me in convoy, were they doing anything dangerous like cutting up traffic, i doubt it.

Yes they police are annoying yes they take the piss but if you dont do anything illegal then you wont get pulled its quite simple really :smile

Give over with the "why dont you catch a real criminal" it doesnt wash, the law is the law no matter how stupid it is as this has been said before i wont go in to it to much, if you were the one at the time breaking the law in front of the copper therefore you will be the one who is pulled over, the rapist/ mugger etc are not usually stupid enough to do there crimes in plain view, and will pick their victims and usually follow them to an area where their is minimal disturbance

About the Camera van over taking you next time just sit right up his arse or if you have a mate in the car video it and send it in, prob nothing will be done with it but will make you feel better :laugh:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
tsgv

Jan 09

tsgv says:

You

are right the young ones are out to prove something :laugh:

Reply to this Topic
weasel64

Mar 07

weasel64 says:

ahhh!!!

the young cops yep defo out to prove.

instance...1998 on a 3 month old blade got pulled,young cop gave it all the bull,checked over 3 month old blade & gave me a producer stating i needed to produce MOT cert,pointed this out to him...fekk me wish i hadn`t,carried on gobbing off about how i HAD to produce what HE wrote on ticket,took producer to local sty where desk sgt nearlly pissed him self, the young en just wouldnt take my word for it.

also did depth test on tyres FFS i hadnt even worn all the knobles off it by then  what a twat

Reply to this Topic
liquid_metal

Mar 08

liquid_metal says:

i know

i know, i got done for a race exhaust but only because i stopped to help at an accident (as i was the first there, all i saw was a GSXR and ford fiesta have a punch up, it was a bad smash as it almost took the front of the fiesta clean off) after giving my statement to the police the fuckers went over my bike and done me, fine and 3 points (as my insurance didn't know about the exhaust) was the thanks i got for trying to do the right thing.

what i said about letting 100 people get away with speeding if they stop one mugging or rape makes sense (well to me atleast) if they take half the coppers out of their cars (there will still be plenty of traffic police left) but the half they took out the cars could be on foot patrolling the areas where someone is likely to be mugged or rapped. So i stand by what i said, i would happily choose to let 100 cars and bikes get away with speeding if i could stop one oap getting battered for the bit of money they have on them or a young woman having her life destroyed because some cunt rapes her

Reply to this Topic
brutale r

Dec 07

brutale r says:

shit

tsgv says:

Can

the people who are stating that the Police are there to turn a profit back this up with some evidence, as they are a public service funded by the tax payers, the money they make from fines like people say goes back in to the justice system (not just the police) it also goes in to the goverments bank account.

sort of right but most goes back to the police once budgets are met they have to use extra money thats were fines come in,     the crims no wen a big  bust is comeing up because the cops do speeding and traffic blitzes the cops get back 65% after admin court costs of every fine

to answwer the speeding cop question 

uk u say thet were training so its ok  for the armed responce team to start shooting ppl in the street only for training perposes

as for this gem

Also I think that alot of people complain about how the police take liberties with this and speed that, if you are so annoyed by this then apply for a job, everyone takes some sort of liberties with their job i.e. using the company internet during lunch breaks, putting a few extra miles on your milage allowance etc

the cops get away with a shit load drink driveing  speeding  cheep loans all the drugs they want and the odd back hander

i was knocked off by a drunk copper off duty the bastard could not stand asaked to give a  statement and was warned if i mentioned that he was drunk i would be fucked

Reply to this Topic
liquid_metal

Mar 08

liquid_metal says:

police cadets

the police do look out for eachother, when i was 14 - 16 i went to piloce cadets once a week ran by police officers (but had to pretend i actually wanted to apply for the police). Was enjoyable as learnt good self defence off them (both physical and verbal lol) and a few ins and outs of the police (like the easiest ways to join and move up the ranks) some of the stories i heard off them while having a one on one chat and cigarette was unreal, most of the storys had a middle sentence along the lines of "then i showed my badge" or "i mentioned i knew mr XXXXXXX" when i turned 16 and got a scooter, obviously i used it to turn up they checked to see if it was restricted (it wasn't but the responce i got was bacically, your almost one of us, its alright) i stopped going soon after i was 16, continued to become a motorbike mec, pass my test and enjoy high revs in 6th gear :wink:

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle