Skip to content

General Could anyone help? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Could anyone help?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

stacieloveshondas

Mar 09

Could anyone help?

Ive been having a few problems with my bike in the last couple of days, the other day i was riding to work and it cut out when i was going 40mph, eeek... then it wouldnt start using the button or choke, until the 6th attempt. At first i thought i may have got dirt in the carb, but now im beginning to think that the coils have got wet, as i rode to work and it pissed down, (having no shelter on the driveway, soaked my bike) am i right in saying this makes it hard to start if they are wet ? any advice would help, as its still under warrenty.. Thanks x.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (05 March 2009 14:01)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
stacieloveshondas

Mar 09

Carnalee

Its a Honda CBR 125.. :smile

Reply to this Topic
ducatiboy1967

Feb 08

Stacie

I hoppe you get your bike sorted out soon.  However, I feel I cannot help you with your Honda fetish:wink:

Reply to this Topic
canarlee

Aug 05

canarlee says:

stacie

nice little bike that..........i do like the hondas even tho im just about to sell mine lol

Reply to this Topic
stacieloveshondas

Mar 09

Thanks guy's

Hey guys took the bike back, they had a look and rode it ten mile's and with my shit luck it didn't cut out or anything and i baffled the mechanic's.

Said if it happen's again bring it back, so well see. Was thinking of cleaning the carb, and buying a bigger jet, thinking it would make it run a bit better, Good idea or not ?

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

id be inclined to leave the carb alone

and check your ignition first: loose / corroded / dirty electrical connections (it doesn't need much to f$$k 'em up), battery level, new spark plug and HT lead definately a good idea.

Hope that helps

A

Reply to this Topic
stacieloveshondas

Mar 09

A

Thanks for the advice A, much helpfull.:laugh:

Reply to this Topic
r6buz

May 05

r6buz says:

Carb?

It's fuel injected so you can't clean the carb or re-jet. It's also a 2 valve, so without getting the head off there are very few tuning options. Your problem sounds like water in the ignition circuit, which should have been sorted with some WD40 when you took it back. If you let Orwell service it then check it before you leave as they oiled the brakes on my DT and i went straight through the red light in Ranleigh road.

Reply to this Topic
binky

Aug 02

binky says:

my

old bandit suffered from water gettiing on the coil .... funnily enough silkolene pro-boost used to help .... but the main thing to do is stop the water getting on the coil

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices