Skip to content

Discuss This Partner of jailed biker: "We could lose our house" Politics & the law

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > Politics & the law > Partner of jailed biker: "We could lose our house"

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Guy Procter  says:

Partner of jailed biker: "We could lose our house"

The partner of jailed 122mph speeder Robert Bennett says she¹s afraid the 47-year-old Hayabusa rider will lose his job and the house they share as a result of his conviction.   Bennett was sentenced to six months in Exeter jail last week after being filmed riding at 122mph with his 14 year old son riding pillion. Christine, Bennett's partner of three...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (06 March 2009 13:35)

Post a message in Politics & the law

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
simoncbr900rr

Jun 07

justice

this is the thing with justice.....it only gets handed out to the people who don`t deserve it.......first time burglars flog them...second time cut hands off.....third time death.....adjust accordingly for murder,paedo`s etc...but that won`t happen as they need help!..they are good people at heart aand just need 50 chances to straighten their lives up.....by that time they`ve killed,raped,burgled loads of people and they are 40yrs old,,,but hey what do i know,it`s the middle class arsehole civil servants who know best who protect them......READ MY LIPS DOGOODERS...U  ARE A BUNCH OF SPINELESS WANKERS

Reply to this Topic
brutale r

Dec 07

brutale r says:

its

just anti bike bullshit

next time he rides he should carry a gun  be drunk and on drugs  that way he will get off with a slap on the wrist

if he had been in a car with the kid out of a seat belt what would he have got

Reply to this Topic
beerdrinkingfatbloke

Dec 08

122 ?

Just watched the video on youtube.

Hard to tell what speed he was doing on the straight section of road, But i don't believe he was doing anywhere near 122 around that corner hardly leaning over and in the wet. Looked more like 70 tops. Maybe i'm wrong ?

Also i didnt see a brake light go on , assuming he was doing 122 when the camera first picks him up , maybe he just backed off the throttle for the corner. 

Reply to this Topic
olliewallie

Mar 07

olliewallie says:

Jailed Biker

If the video clip we have seen was the basis for the prosecution of 122mph speeding offence then there is something very wrong with the justice system. Unless he was clocked prior to the clip then his solicitor needs shooting as there is no way that bike was travelling at 122mph....look at the lean of the bike in the bend, 60-70mph tops. Why did he plead guilty?.....surely legal advise was to put your hands up so that the punishment will be less severe. Wrong! he should be appealing his conviction!!.

Then we come to much commented on....how the hell can you go to prison for speeding when criminals walk free or near enough as makes no difference, after all sorts of horrific crimes.

Reply to this Topic
ZXR250A

Sep 07

ZXR250A says:

-

I saw on the local news about a car accident on the A52 in lincolnshire, the driver that caused it all went to court and was acquitted on three counts of causing death by dangerous driving but found guilty on a lesser charge of driving without due care and attention. It was caused by him over taking a car with a minibus and collided head on with a car comin in the opposite direction killing 3 people, he only recieved a 2 yr ban.  Where is the justice in that! once again it shows you will get a harsher sentence for just having a motorbike!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices