Skip to content

Ask an Expert Sports-Tour to Brno GP Circuit: ride-down and track days with luggage/back-up Touring & travel

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Touring & travel > Sports-Tour to Brno GP Circuit: ride-down and track days with luggage/back-up

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

andrewmunich

Mar 09

andrewmunich says:

Sports-Tour to Brno GP Circuit: ride-down and track days with luggage/back-up

Anyone interested in a guided 'sports tour' down to the Brno Grandprix circuit for track-days a race weekend?

I'm organising a luggage-light ride through some choicer bits of Germany, Alps and Czech republic, with guide, B&B accomodation, off-bike luggage haulage to/from munich and the track, track-day tire fettling/bike setup support, and get-you-back-to-UK organised in the event of a mechanical woes or a spill. 

The trip would reach Brno (see Brno Circuit) 8-9 July (track-days, optional instruction) and/or 9-12 (3 track-days with racing).  The track-days are run by  Actionbike a well-established Munich based training and track-day organizer.

Two joining points are planned:

• Munich 6th July
  • Cochem (Mosel valley, near Nurburgring) 4th July.
Luggage and track-day gear pick-up would be in the UK roughly a week earlier.  Luggage and gear would be accessible in Munich as well as at the Track.  Return to the UK would be roughly a week after the last track-day.

A guided pick up from Calais (add another day) is also possible. Costs assuming 4 riders would be around: EUR300 from Munich or EUR620 from Cochem.

Luggage/track-gear transport to the Munich and the racetrack would be roughly EUR300.   The track-days on the 8th and 9th cost EUR160 each, the race-weekend 10th to 12-th is EUR395. Instruction in small groups (2-4 riders) on the 9th is only EUR15 (its subsidised by the track-day organizer).

For more details on the track-days contact me or check-out the organizer's web-site here.

If you're interested and would like more details contact me at:

Email: andrew.stevensXXXmnetYYYonline.de
Tel.: +498121883672
Mobile.: +49173539755

(I've replaced @ with XXX with - with YYY in my email address to keep
the Spammers at arms length)

Background: I'm Brit living in Munich.
I'm a part-time bike instructor who occasionally rides with and instructs for Actionbike. My only financial interest in Actionbike are subsidised race weekends when I instruct at track-days.

The trips are being organised by myself (with a little help from friends and family) on a strictly non-commercial costs-only basis.  I think the 'sports tour' idea should be fun and might even be do-able commerically.  However, I want to give it a go informally as a bit of fun before risking a commercial run.

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (08 March 2009 18:44)

Post a message in Touring & travel

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices