Skip to content

General Bull shit (please give your views) Pub Talk - over 18s only

You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > Bull shit (please give your views)

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

liquid_metal

Mar 08

liquid_metal says:

Bull shit (please give your views)

Just had a flick through this weeks issue of MCN the article about Robert bennett (the fella that got done for doing 122 mph) is spot on, if he was in a car and his kid didn't have a seat belt on would he have had the same punishment? doubt it.

modern bikes are more then just stable at high speeds. for example when i was 17 i had an aprilia RS125 it could do 105mph, or so the speedo said and it felt fine, the brakes was good enough to stop it quick and felt solid on the road, that was a little italian bike, a bike like a gsx1300 is still strolling at 120mph.

To the people that wrote into mcn against him saying he should have got more then 6 months, i say FUCK OFF!! your just a bunch of people with nothing better to do then be green, recycle everything because you think your saving the world and complain about things you THINK you SHOULD complain about, there are rapists out there that do less time then he got, why aren't the police catching those and muggers? Think about that next time your putting your shit on a compost heap.

(how many of us on 500cc+ machines can honestly say you've never done 120+ mph? i say free him and stop the police being gloified traffic wardens)

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (13 March 2009 13:20)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Fuller46

Apr 05

Fuller46 says:

you have your opinion

and so do we all but keep it to yourself mate. otherwise the christian mcn readers will have your balls on the chopping block.

Reply to this Topic
liquid_metal

Mar 08

liquid_metal says:

lol

lol i know, too many doo gooders in the world but i will always stick to what i say, the road laws in this country need a serious change

Reply to this Topic
Blader2005

Dec 08

Blader2005 says:

i agree liquid.

time and time again..... the old thing of speed kills comes up.. well, speed alone doesnt kill... improper speed kills...

secondly, the judge stated that if hed lost control, the bike wouldve become a 'misile' etc etc...   ok.... so why then does a TWOC'er who probably hasnt ever passed a test, has no insurance, no MOT, and has stolen a car or bike then runs at high speed from the police, will be really unlucky if they get a 6 month suspended community service order?!?!  

me thinks that the 'do-gooders' and speed lobbyists have finally got to society and motorcylists are behelzebub personified!!!!!  :mad:

on the other hand, might just buy myself a peerage... and then you can kill someone cos they interrupted your texting on the M1, and get your car repaired by their greiving family!!!! 

one rule for one eh??

or am i just being cynicle??

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
liquid_metal

Mar 08

liquid_metal says:

spot on

blader thumbs up to you mate, i think every car and bike rider should take their number plates off and do what ever they want for a week, that'll fuck the police lol but seriously. they need to start getting real bad guys

Reply to this Topic
bikerwookiejim

Nov 07

!

...anyway enough of this banter........Let's go rape a nunnery! LOL.....

Reply to this Topic
Blader2005

Dec 08

Blader2005 says:

wookie....

great idea..... best we go in a car tho.. at least our jail terms wont be soo bad than if we went on motorbikes!!!

:winkie::lol:

Reply to this Topic
budgey

Jan 08

budgey says:

he was/is an aresehole 'cos

if he'd been running a different set of plates, they'd NEVER have got him.:lol:

Reply to this Topic
kinderlingers

May 06

The most annoying element for me, was the judges comments: If he's lost control he would have been in charge of a missile that could've killed"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that copper testing his BMW unmarked car, that lost controll in the rain and crashed? Did he get 6 months inside? Seems a little inequitous to me!!!!

Again, one rule for them.........

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

I think pretty much everyone

on here agrees ...the sentence is a ridiculous and unfair.

The guy was being an idiot  - 122 in the rain with a kid on the back with no gloves etc. ...Yes he deserves to get points / fine / ban etc. ..... but jail!? - That's just nuts! :mad:

Reply to this Topic
kneedownpuppy

Mar 09

what does a judge know?

i believe there is a time and a place for everthing, doing  120mph in the rain might not be a sensable thing to do but he had controll of the bike and he is not a boy racer with little experiance, what the fuck is a judge saying IF he came off it would be a missile! IF religion had not been born then we would not have the wars we have, IF the judge was a biker he would have seen sence, IF we had a govermet with SOME BOLLOCKS THEN WE WOULD BE A BETTER COUNTRY, and i bet the judge drives a merc at 150mph when he is late for dinner. all i say is do as you please, and be careful not to get court, enjoy your life.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices