Skip to content

General The Herding mentality Pub Talk - over 18s only

You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > The Herding mentality

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

gizzabreak

Apr 07

gizzabreak says:

The Herding mentality

What does biking mean to you.

Is about travelling over long journeys feeling at one with your environment ?

Is it about surgically dissecting a gloriously twisty road on a superb handling machine that you feel at one with ?

Or are you one of the huge number of lonely social bikers, that have little interest in bikes other than the social circle and friends they provide you with.

It's interesting that the image that non riders have of bikers is of solitary souls, out there, enjoying the freedoms from constraints that blight ordinary folks, and dare I say it, going against the grain a little - non conformist if you like.

Interestingly though, the reality is that we exhibit the herding mentality, more than the average person.

We go to bike meetings, hang around with others who ride the same bikes as we do, and dress the same way.

Some people cannot bear the thought of riding alone, and prefer groups.

So, are you a herding biker, who, like cattle, wonder around in groups to feel secure ?

Or are you a solitary tiger, preying on these weak animals ?

What is it about so many bikers that they feel they simply must head out and join in with large groups of other bikers and drink tea and chew burgers all day.

It's pathetic

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (23 March 2009 05:47)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
GenX

Mar 09

GenX says:

No one likes you Gizza

I can relate to some of the stuff you say Gizzabreak

esp this

'Is it about travelling over long journeys feeling at one with your environment ?'

and some of what you said about some sportsbike riders (but those types don't stay/last long) 

but why the hate?...let them do what they want

Personally I ride alone or with 1 or 2 close friends and its great. The great thing about riding alone is that you can please yourself, not constantly waiting for others to eat, crap or fix their bike. The other hazard about groups is when certain numpties start showing off to their mates and take you off with them.

Reply to this Topic
Steel Boy

Nov 07

Steel Boy says:

riding alone

Wish i could ride something, my wifes pregnant and my bikes fucked.:upset:

Reply to this Topic
yuzzy9

Feb 09

yuzzy9 says:

i agree

i think when gizza has finnish goose stepping around his front room in pink laderhoesans and invading small countries should get some fuckin mates and go out riding with them....tosser.

Reply to this Topic
steve.g

Jan 08

steve.g says:

gizzabreak.

tit, i ride my bike for my own pleasure, be it with a mate or posing down high streets.

and people turn heads to look, as they would even if i didnt have to wear a helmet....:winkie:

i think railway platforms are more your forte, in yer anorak mate.

Reply to this Topic
weasel64

Mar 07

weasel64 says:

pipey

i REALLY couldnt have put that sweeter my self,on the nail 100pc bang on no bull.....WELL PUT M8 :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
nik77

Feb 09

nik77 says:

steve.q

no good giza being a train spotter cos thats herding mate:lol::lol:

he's be better as a lolly pop man then he can be the predator and do the herding for his power trip:wink:

Reply to this Topic
MIKEYZZR600

Aug 06

MIKEYZZR600 says:

Reply!

Gizzabreak - log on to www.getalife.com

its up to us how WE want to ride,what we ride and how we spend our time.

Reply to this Topic
whiskers

Mar 09

whiskers says:

does it matter

:huh: what you ride where you go as long as you enjoy youself

Reply to this Topic
steve.g

Jan 08

steve.g says:

surveyor

if it was gizzabreak, he would have dayglow leathers on, dayglo vest, unworn tyres, and be shitting himself as it must have been a bike he borrowed.

has anyone thought, gizza may be the pleb that rode a bike feigning to be a copper that was in paper few month ago?

im not the only one with suspicions. you know the guy, :winkie:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices