You are in... Forums > General > General > death toll

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

davgh

Jul 07

davgh says:

death toll

4 bikers were killed on Scotlands roads at the weekend and the best the Police have to say is 'Police have warned bikers to take extra care on the roads' No mention of the fact that all four were killed by collisions with car drivers 'probably' still half cut from the night before or more likely on there mobile phones. The attention span of car drivers these days is shocking, if this years 'statistics' are to be minisied at all its not bikers that have to be warned its all these bloody car drivers that climb behind the wheel of there 'killing machines' and continue there sleepy long lie in...Take care out there my friends or you to could end up a statistic on a Police wall somewhere..:upset:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (23 March 2009 08:02)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
stirfry

Jan 08

stirfry says:

Fook

Those figures from the scotsman are ludicrous.

Kam "you'd be safer fighting in afganistan"

I reckon you'd be safer dropping into Afganistan dressed as captain America singing yanky doodle whilst delivering the gay times

Reply to this Topic
Mr.Number

Nov 07

Mr.Number says:

Squabbling

Over nothing !!

I mean for gods sake !! 52 black shadow, talk about making a mountain out of a molehill !! You could sense by the nature of Davgh post, that his comments contained sadness to the point of a little anger possibly, about the incident. He was just generalising about drivers being half cut and using their mobiles. . . . .which in fairness carries a point. The amount of drivers these days that are engaged in a call or texting whilst driving is a cause for concern as a biker and without having facts in front of me, i dont hesitate in stating that this type of driver arrogance has caused accidents involving motorcycles. Its also about what manouvre the driver is progressing whilst using the phone.....in some instances i regularly see drivers of vans, cars, lorries etc negotiating a tight bend, a roundabout or going through a red light. It is so common to see this, that I am of the opinion this is why Davgh has generlised about this everyday occurance, and as someone else stated, he did say 'probably' which in itself is generalising.

For you to make a 'thing' out of this generalisation just makes me laugh.

I can tell by the way you write that you are an intelligent man, so surely you could sense he was generalising. If this is the case, why make a song and dance out of it....are you bored !

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
dave_c

Aug 06

dave_c says:

kam

you might be right. Tomorrow I shall follow oldish's advice and change my name to the Hebrew. I wonder how you'll all cope with calling me 'beloved'!! :lol:

Reply to this Topic
52 Black Shadow

Apr 03

Mr Number.....................

I don't know why I'm bothering to reply, but I guess I take one chance with anyone!

I don't know where Dave get's his facts from, but I've seen nothing anywhere that suggests the 4 or 5 deaths were caused by car drivers.  For him to state this is misleading, and aimed at rabble rousing against car drivers.  I just like to see posts like this stick to the facts, rather than use the 4 or 5 deaths to take a cheap shot at your favourite target.

Let's just for a moment imagine someone had suggested that the deaths were all caused by Blacks, would you be standing up for them?  I very much doubt it!

I know nothing about you, and you know nothing about me, but just for the record I am a 365 day a year rider who's been riding bikes for over 30 years (without a gap) and for most of that time hasn't bothered to run a car.  I only say this to get away from the idea that I'm a car driver or not really bothered about a few dead bikers.

Try reading my posts again and tellme if you still think it's a lot of fuss about nothing?  We need to look at our own riding, and how we can avoid the other idiots on the road, not trying to find someone to blame, because we all think all bikers are infallible.

Hope this helps?

Shad. 

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

Beloved dave_c and oldish

Lol! I don't think it would be long before 'beloved' would simply become a 'prefix' to fuller titles such as 'beloved annoying arse'  etc....:tongue:  

Reply to this Topic
GenX

Mar 09

GenX says:

Normally the car driver at fault

Black Shadow 52

Whilst true that a bike accident involving a car and a bike could be rider error, the probability is that it is the car that has swerved/pulled out on the bike. This should be obvious to anyone has been riding a while, just think of the amount of times a car has been where it should not be. Think it boils down to the fact that there a too many distractions in a car, mates, radio, sat nav, phone etc.

Reply to this Topic
GenX

Mar 09

GenX says:

Agree

But I do agree that defensive riding is the key, sad that some people learn this too late.

Reply to this Topic
tazzer

Aug 02

tazzer says:

shad/cullen

sorry for the confusion, I meant steve.g not dave :lol:

I still stick by my comment that shad never agree's with anyone tho but it's all in jest :wink:

Reply to this Topic
dave_c

Aug 06

dave_c says:

taz

looks like we all got it wrong! :lol:

Reply to this Topic
tazzer

Aug 02

tazzer says:

cullen

Aye, you all did.