You are in... Forums > General > General > death toll

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

davgh

Jul 07

davgh says:

death toll

4 bikers were killed on Scotlands roads at the weekend and the best the Police have to say is 'Police have warned bikers to take extra care on the roads' No mention of the fact that all four were killed by collisions with car drivers 'probably' still half cut from the night before or more likely on there mobile phones. The attention span of car drivers these days is shocking, if this years 'statistics' are to be minisied at all its not bikers that have to be warned its all these bloody car drivers that climb behind the wheel of there 'killing machines' and continue there sleepy long lie in...Take care out there my friends or you to could end up a statistic on a Police wall somewhere..:upset:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (23 March 2009 08:02)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Spire

Oct 04

Spire says:

Firstly

The untimely death of anyone is sad regardless of  fault.

Bikers die everyday on Britains roads.  We are vulnerable.  If we are involved in an accident we are likely to be badly hurt or killed.

Car drivers have more to protect them. So are less likely to be hurt or killed in an accident.  Consequently they may be less cautious.

I witness bad riding and driving on a daily basis.  I make mistakes.  Both my bike accidents have been my fault. As bikers we need to do everything we can to avoid being invovled in an accident.  The stakes are much higher for us.

It really annoys me when I see car drivers doing thoughtless things.  Like when they are on mobile phones particularly when pulling out of a car park!!! But its unreasonable for us to take a holyer than though attitude to this if we then do dangerous things like riding well in excess of the speed limit.

We dont know what the cause of these deaths was.  I suspect that a mixture of factors were involved.  Some may have been the fault of the car drivers and some may have been the fault of the bikers themselves.

Lets just try not to add to the statistics.  Enjoy your riding but try to stay safe

Reply to this Topic
gizzabreak

Apr 07

gizzabreak says:

davgh says:

death toll

4 bikers were killed on Scotlands roads at the weekend and the best the Police have to say is 'Police have warned bikers to take extra care on the roads' No mention of the fact that all four were killed by collisions with car drivers 'probably' still half cut from the night before or more likely on there mobile phones.

Just because the riders were in collision with the drivers, dies not make it the car drivers fault.

You seem to imply strongly that the causes were driver, not rider error.

Do you have evidence to back this up, or is it just your assumption ?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle