Skip to content

Ask an Expert Triumph Speed Triple Tank Range Bike accessories

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Bike accessories > Triumph Speed Triple Tank Range

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

taz_of_tazmania

Nov 02

Triumph Speed Triple Tank Range

Hi,
   I have an '03 Triumph Speed Triple 955i. The spec. sheets say it has a 21 litre tank capacity but if I fill up when the reserve light comes on I can only fit in 12. A 9 litre reserve seems a little excessive. Does the sensor need adjusting or do "they all do that sir"?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (25 March 2009 15:44)

Post a message in Bike accessories

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
iancol

Sep 07

iancol says:

Triumph Speed Triple Tank Range

It does seem a little extreme.  A new sensor may solve it, but if you can't be bothered there's an easy way to make sure you don't run out (just in case you haven't sussed it).

You have to know what the bike does to the gallon, say 10 miles/litre (45 mpg) for simplicity.  When the light comes on, you have 9 litres left, say 8 to be safe = 80 miles.  Note your speedo reading or, better, reset one of your trip meters, and fill up again before it gets to 80.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
opsman

Aug 02

opsman says:

Speed Triple

I have just ordered my speed triple in matt black and cannot wait to get it on 1st april :smiley: and what am I part exchaging for it? A ducati 1098 which i cannot get on with. Who cares about tank range? not me after a Ducati Pop over and see our new site

RatYak for Triumph Yakking

Reply to this Topic
opsman

Aug 02

opsman says:

48mpg for my speed triple

After having done 2200 miles in under a month I have averaged 48mpg and always fill up at the 100mile mark with no light on which uses around £10-£11 to fill up again

Reply to this Topic
mickster1

Jun 08

mickster1 says:

.hi

i have a 1050 st and its well known after looking at various forums that the average mpg readout on the dash is very optamistic some say it over reads by 10mpg at least ,the best i got to a tank until reserve is 120miles and that was riding like an angel but if i'm making it have it somwhere around 80 mpg, there not the most frugel bikes out there but forget that and enjoy a brilliant bike.

p.s mine is standard :biggrin:  

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices