Skip to content

Discuss This I complained and the council fixed the road - result! Politics & the law

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > Politics & the law > I complained and the council fixed the road - result!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Roy Cope  says:

I complained and the council fixed the road - result!

Not sure whether this will work with all council authorities but it might be worth a try.... I recently complained about the condition of the A2/M2 in the Dartford area. The road joints along the white lane demarcation markings were badly pitted and when overtaking kicked the front wheel of my Triumph markedly. I pointed out the danger of this...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (26 March 2009 12:02)

Post a message in Politics & the law

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
NigelK2B12

Dec 05

NigelK2B12 says:

Result

Sitting back and doing nothing certainly wont work. Like you there was an issue with safety on one of our roads in Hampshire, the A326, wher 3 motorcyclists were killed in the pace of 3 weeks.

Southampton Motorcycle Action Group along with other local motorcyclists and other road users held a public meeting with the council leaders, we collected a petition and had a ride to deliver it to the council.

The result.... Just 6 months on the council have kept their promises and are instaling speed limits, lighting, trafic lights and blocking off some unoficial lay byes. All the things we campaigned for.

So like you if you have an issue get up and complain. It can work.

Reply to this Topic
vfrjon46

Mar 09

vfrjon46 says:

TFL Website

Good idea... I've just reported a terrible road surface on the A316 near Twickenham... ironically, they re-surfaced the roundabout and junctions but didnt bother fixing the dangerous holes approaching.

The TFL site for reporting is:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/roadusers/reportastreetfault/newfault.aspx

Lets see what they do about it!

Reply to this Topic
tpl111

Aug 07

tpl111 says:

Fixmystreet

I would recommend gving this a try: www.fixmystreet.com 

I have reported a few big potholes and they have all been fixed within days! I am sure it wasn't just coincidence!

Reply to this Topic
Gizmo63

Mar 09

Gizmo63 says:

Depends a lot on the county - I have registered loads with Surrey and they generally get patched within 2 weeks.

However I have 4 outstanding with Hampshire and one of those was logged in September 2008!

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Are you sure you haven't just imagined this whole crazy episode? I'd love to speak to my council to get them to sort the ruts/potholes and minor hillocks that prevail everywhere but unfortunately they thought it was a better idea to give £40M to some Icelandic bank that they warned against investing in and now I'll how to fit spoked wheels and knobblies to my Duke

Reply to this Topic
wolfie750

Mar 09

wolfie750 says:

road repairs

i have used a website to complain about the damage to roads in the Catford area, Lewisham council to be exact, The damage had been there a while but was repaired within a couple of days.I simply supplied accurate location and discription details and pointed out the pitfalls of a bike running into it.

Coinsidence? Either way the repair was done

Reply to this Topic
cfoggy

Aug 02

cfoggy says:

N Ireland roads

The Roads service webpage in NI used to have a brilliant fault reporting system but it has been 'temporarily unavailable due to technical difficulties' for about 8 months now.

I got loads of repairs done within a few weeks of reporting along with an e-mail telling me when the fault would be surveyed and when the work would be carried out.

All i have now is an e-mail address to do the same thing.

Reply to this Topic
bledu

Aug 07

bledu says:

Problem reported

Thanks tpl111 and vfrjon46 for the problem reporting links, I have just informed my council about a dangerous pothole that is on a man hole cover as you are turning into the road. And I used both for good measure. :-)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices