Skip to content

Discuss This Wall to split James Toseland and Colin Edwards’ Tech 3 pit MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Wall to split James Toseland and Colin Edwards’ Tech 3 pit

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Wall to split James Toseland and Colin Edwards’ Tech 3 pit

The tension between Colin Edwards and James Toseland over the controversial winter crew chief switch will see a dividing wall split the pair in the Tech 3 Yamaha garage, MCN exclusively reveal. The drastic measure has been implemented at the request of Texan Edwards, who was infuriated when his 2008 crew chief Gary Reynders moved to work with British rider Toseland...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (26 March 2009 13:56)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

The pressure is on James

Colin has nothing to prove and is going to retire. What does he care what happens? But James cares. He needs results to stay in GPs.

Reply to this Topic
Graystroke

Mar 03

Graystroke says:

CelticMutt.......

It's nice that you "respect" Colin.......but I guess you don't think he has a right to be a little miffed at the crap JT and Gary pulled?  He's supposed to just shut the fack up and move on?  Hahaha.....

Colin was VERY nice to James last year.......showing him the MotoGP ropes.......and WHAT does JT do in the off season.......he STIFFS his teammate/friend!!  That's class......

Becky-M......

So.......JT SHAFTS his teammate.........and ALL YOU CAN SAY IS COLIN HAS BALLS for wanting to keep JT from stealing anything ELSE?   Wake up!!  

Reply to this Topic
EGK41

Mar 09

EGK41 says:

The Problem with truth...

The problem with the truth is that no on ever really knows the full ins and outs of the problem. From what I know from a friend who works from Yamaha co in Japan (as I live in Korea) tells me that Yamaha had a chief meeting just after the final race last year with Poncheral and some of the Tech3 team regarding a number of changes they wished to impliment. Litterally (according to Poncheral) two days later Edwards and Toseland were called and told of the pit crew changes. For sure, Toseland did make his wishes known, but Edwards also said at the time he was happy with what the team chose. Why then, did Edwards two and half months later tell the press in America that he found out by telephone earlier that week? Clearly, this was not true. So you see the problem, for some reason, Edwards has felt betrayed by this. But, he knew a long time ago of the changes and some of them were direct from Yamaha it would seem. He has said time and time again, that this change does not affect him at all. So why does he chose to act in a manner that does not befit a man that has achieved so much? Surely, this current verbal spout will only rumble through to Yamaha, who continuoursly mention that Ben Spies should replace him, as the rumour started when Edwards first made his comments. Surely it's a rumour that won't go far fromthe truth that Yamaha were considering it at that time. I have always been a huge fan of Edwards, right from his AMA days. This might be his last throw of the dice. It may also be Toselands, if his results don't improve and his loss of Redbull sponsorship, it will make it hard for him to stay in Motogp. My choice words to both of them, shut up and get on with racing...Someone has to match Rossi and Stoner, or the racing will be as boring as last year.

Reply to this Topic
bugref

Nov 08

bugref says:

That should settle the Problem, Good Call for Tech3. Yamaha cannot afford to let Colin Edwards go. They need him his technical and communication expertise. Plus he's doing good also with the M1 and Bridgestone Combo.  On the other hand Toseland chances in Staying in MOTOGP is not guaranteed, If he cannot deliver we might see Spies replace him in 2010.

Reply to this Topic
windy12

Oct 07

windy12 says:

Edwards

Maybe he wants Spies seat in WSBK, JT possibly gave him the opportunity to shake things up a bit.

One thing is for sure, Spies will be ahead of JT for a top seat now. 

WSBK is where it is at, not GP. 

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

You're f***ing kidding me!

Edwards...a development rider? He couldn't develop a rash in a Bankok brothel. While I've got no problem believing 2 or 3 yrs is a reasonable time to start expecting consistency and steady improvement, especially for those without the best gear, Edwards started well and has gone absolutely nowhere on A class equipment. He's spent and he's only tainting everyones opinion of him. Toseland hasn't started his second season, yet we've already written him off! Give me a f***king break!! 

Now, back to those walls. Disgraceful behaviour and an exhibition of a very uncool side of the sport. I doubt Lorenzo or Toseland were the instigators, so in my books, they've both got the psych edge on their team mates already. Toesland needs to toughen up though, while Edwards needs to grow up, and recover some dignity in what needs to be his last season.

Reply to this Topic
Richardo56

Mar 09

Richardo56 says:

Manage the situation?

I hope for the sake of the team that Poncheral is managing the situation better than is being reported.  Edwards is throwing his weight around like he is in charge.  Yes, competion between the riders is good but this is a nonesense.  He (Edwards) needs to be brought down a peg / two.  Whilst he's done ok over the past few years for Yamaha, he's hardly set the world alight in spite of being on one of the best bikes around.  He's gone way beyond his station.  MANAGE THE SITUATION PONCHERAL!!!!

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Corporate Whore

James Toseland is an over rated corporate whore, if he spent less time doing cheesy covers at EVERY opening of every envelope he might be able to use the time to find some speed. Why doesn't he hire Charley Boorman as technical advisor/spiritual guru, at least he'd get multiple media deals, "Long Way Around to Not Winning the MotoGP Title" would be a xmas hit for sure. Donington last year summed him up to perfection, crap rider having a crap crash. His only hope is if Honda enter a CB500 and decide they need someone who can ride it quicker than anyone else.

Reply to this Topic
OnPole

Aug 07

OnPole says:

Whilst i have my doubts about JT's ability i think jamieg999's comments are a little cutting. 2 WSB titles don't come in crackers and his early perfromance in Motogp show there is some potential there. He just needs to get his finger out!

Reply to this Topic
littledaddy

Nov 02

littledaddy says:

...bit early to say..

i'm not a big JT lover...never have been....he's too talented (and we all hate that!)  - he just doesn't do it for me on or off track - but i do think it's a little early to write his season off because the winter testing isn't going too well!  He is dedicated and he will be looking for good results (he's got bills to pay too) and he could click with the bike/tyres any time...BUT  i do think jamie999 has got a point - with the economic crisis worsening MotoGP might be reduced to CB500 racing by 2011...then JT will be able to get that box of spares from the back of his garage and start running with the fast boys again...who knows!!?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices