Skip to content

Discuss This Suzuki sad but not sorry at Ben Spies departure MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Suzuki sad but not sorry at Ben Spies departure

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Suzuki sad but not sorry at Ben Spies departure

Ben Spies’ stunning start to his World Superbike career has posed one major question. How must Suzuki be feeling at letting the American slip through its grasp, when all he wanted do was stay with the Japanese factory and move to MotoGP? Spies was one of Suzuki’s prized assets, yet having invested precious time and dedicated vast sums of money into the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (26 March 2009 14:40)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

Lying Bas****

Why not just be honest and admit they Fcuk -up big time.

They should have ousted Vermuelin who lets face it is just plodding around midfield for the dosh

Reply to this Topic
Fuller46

Apr 05

Fuller46 says:

Spies is too good for suzuki

I reckon it was the best decision he will have made in a while leaving suzuki - they haven;t done anything since roberts jnr left anyway. get spies on the tech 3 yamaha before he decides he like wsbk too much to risk riding a shit bike and losing his factory status

Reply to this Topic
windy12

Oct 07

windy12 says:

do not understand them..

They have had Byrne, Sykes, Biaggi and Spies through their hands.  Byrne could have been on their WSBK maybe alongside Biaggi(if he stayed) or Max the German, Sykes could have been winning their BSB and Spies could have been on their GP bike.  Suzuki make a decent roadbike they need to get their racing strategy sorted and they will sell more.

I do not know who decides who is a good rider and who is a bad one, but they need sacking.

If any manufacturer thinks that the fans and bike purchasers do not know the difference between a poor rider and a pig of a bike then they need to think again, sacking a rider doesnt hide a crap bike.

Reply to this Topic
Boztich

Jan 09

Boztich says:

Wonders..?

One wonders what really happened, anyway? He ran well three wildcardraces last year and did better than both Vermulen and Capirossi did?

And I agree with Fuller46 that Spies is to good for Suzuki.
He runs very well in the SBK series and Yamaha were not late to see his ability, which I think is great!

Reply to this Topic
DJCALVERT

Feb 09

DJCALVERT says:

ben spies

All I can say Suzuki must be crying and Well its Yamahahahahahahahahahaha we've got spies hahahahahahaha

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

DJCALVERT

That's a funny post!

Reply to this Topic
TheCelticHound

Jun 08

SUZUKI LOST THE PLOT

Suzuki better pray for rain and lots of it if they want Chris Vermeulen to stand any chance of finding the top step of the podium this year. Loris needs to stop playing happy daddy and get back his appetite for winning although I think he is just sorting out the cost of juniors education package. Regardless of their inane statements they are surely rueing the day they let Ben Spies go. Ciao

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

Let's face it

Suzuki screwed up - BAD! It boggles the mind how US Suzuki spent millions grooming this kid and then the factory let him walk out the FRONT door! If Denning doesn't have a great year with Loris and CV than I fully expect Suzuki to give him his walking papers. Or they may just get on their hands and knees and present Spies with a blank check and a key to the factory!

On the other hand, Spies probably couldn't be more happy. He's setting himself up for a much more plush ride and a bigger pay day.

Reply to this Topic
glenndavis06

Feb 08

glenndavis06 says:

yo

so you mean to tell us that tey wanted some one that won 9 of 171 races over a guy that just won 3 tittels back to back for you  and this is why suzuki will never win or be competitive in motogp there not even that good in wsbk i ride a suzuki and im going to YAMAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
bugref

Nov 08

bugref says:

If Spies can have a break in MotoGP, I do hope his mother will not be so Greedy in asking so much $$$$, by then. On The other hand now that he is with Yamaha. I dont think he will consider on transferring to another team. The Yamaha has YZR-M1 in MotoGP, a bike that he believe can help him so much, to make a good impression in MOTOGP. I am glad he is starting in WSBK with a Big bang R1, it will be a big plus in his Transition to YZR-M1.

Good Luck for Spies, I want to see him how he performs against the best Two wheel drivers in MOTOGP, if given a competitive Bike.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices