You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Legal > Morrisons

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

simber9

Feb 08

simber9 says:

Morrisons

Last Saturday when I pulled into Morrisons for petrol I was told to take my helmet off in future or else they would not serve me.  When I asked them if muslim women would have to take off their burka or hijab they said "no".  Of course I argued with them saying that was discrimination. They said it was because of a new law coming into force in April requiring this but could not tell me the name of the bIll. Has anybody here heard anything about this? I think it is lies because I have been able to find no information about this bill.

They couldn't tell me how many bikers ride on their bikes with sawn-off shotguns into garages and rob them or why bikers are banned but not muslims wearing their headgear. Funny enough, they again had no answer as to how it will prevent robberies when law-abiding riders pay even when they have helmets on but people stealing are not every likely to take their helmet off. Someone could quite easily walk into a filling station disguised as a muslim woman, take out a sawn-off shotgun and rob the station making their get-away in a car.

Has anybody heard anything about this law which I suspect is lies?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (26 March 2009 15:34)

Post a message in Legal

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
simber9

Feb 08

simber9 says:

Morrisons

It's Morrisons in Port Talbot but if possible all their stations should be boycotted and not just at the pumps they should be boycotted as far as it can be done with everything they sell especially things such as newspapers that cost the same in other places. I know sometimes it is not possible but it should be done whenever possible.

I agree pretty much with your comments but not all of them are practical but that is not to say the don't make sense in a sane world. As far as contacting my MP goes he does more often that not ignore my e-mails because I ask him questions he does not like such as why he voted against a recent bill that would have on it's front page it's origins i.e. whether it originated in this country or the EU. Only when I called into his constituency office to complain did he reply only to tell me he didn't think people were bothered where laws came from and how many of our laws came from Brussels (currently 80%). It seems that when I complain about something I feel stongly about those who should be onside quite often are not.

Reply to this Topic
simber9

Feb 08

simber9 says:

Morrisons

This proves my point, which is if we have to remove our helmets so should they take off their burkhas.  They were not on bikes, did not wear helmets and have done exactly what I said they could easily do.

http://mychristianblood.blogspirit.com/archive/2009/04/06/asian-men-in-burkhas-rob-jewellers.html#more

Reply to this Topic
nojj

Mar 09

nojj says:

morrisons

At Mansfield Morrisons i didn't have to take my helmet off but they insisted i get off the bike to fill it,this makes it hard to see into the tank and you can't get a full tank,when i asked they said it was some trading standards bollocks,but i've never been asked to do this at any other Morrisons or any petrol station come to that! i think they make it up as they go along ! now then:-

'Lets see what stupid rule we can make up today to piss people off' '

Reply to this Topic
nathan125

Mar 09

nathan125 says:

simbers point

i believe what simber i saying is that where getting treated like where terrorists i go to fill up stations and i do remove my helmet. u see the Muslim extremists are the ones that blow up places not everyday muslims.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices