Skip to content

Ask an Expert I-O-M Medical Insurance Now required!!!! Touring & travel

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Touring & travel > I-O-M Medical Insurance Now required!!!!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

jonpspencer

Aug 02

jonpspencer says:

I-O-M Medical Insurance Now required!!!!

I know its April the 1st, but its just been announced as being Genuine that the Isle of Man Government is leaving the European agreement on reciprocal medical treatment between member states. This will mean that ALL visiters will need to have private medical insurance as per Switzerland and Andorra and other Countries that are not members of the EU.. This is being applied as from April 1st.

I hope that this is a wind-up, as the only winner will be the insurance company's.(As usual)

The UK medical card will be of no use requiring us to have comprehensive medical insurance. This will have major implications from those attending the TT races and other events on the island. There will always be those who take a chance and end up with incredible medical costs, not to mention transportation cost of getting home!

Just hope its a wind-up.............

Jon..

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (01 April 2009 12:27)

Post a message in Touring & travel

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hommedv

Feb 09

Hommedv says:

IOM medical insurance

You are a bit early on this one. There is a change starting on 1st April 2010. This has come about because the UK has decided to cancel all its reciprocal health agreements with its dependencies. Jersey and Guernsey's went this year. This is a UK decision. The Isle of Man government is still deciding how to tackle this issue and nothing has yet been decided about non-residents paying for treatment.

The attached document should be helpful as it explains things more.

It's a pretty low trick from Gordon Brown & co given the number of manx, channel island and other dependency people who gave their lives in the wars for Britain.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices