You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Legal > 33bhp

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

romlin

Mar 09

romlin says:

33bhp

I have passed my test. But I am only 19 so I am restricted to 33bhp .   I have been looking at getting a bandit 600.  I know there are ways of get the paperwork that says the bike is restricted to only 33bhp. But the bike is not it is still full power.  What would happen if I was cot by the polices or had to put is a clime on my insurance

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (01 April 2009 18:03)

Post a message in Legal

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kestrel69

Nov 05

kestrel69 says:

Don't even think about it!

I assume you have just passed your test & therefore have just started your 2 year restriction.

So where do we start, no licence = no insurance :ph43r:

Should you have to claim on your insurance they may well cancel your policy. This would leave you footing all the repair bills for your bike, whatever you hit, + any damages/compensation that may be awarded against you.

I know a guy who did exactly what you are describing. He's now paying £500 a month in compensation to the driver of the car he hit. It's going to take him 15 years to pay the full compensation awarded.

Then we have the pint where the police have the power to seize vehicles from unlicensed/uninsured drivers/riders.

Do yourself a massive favour. Get it restricted properly & keep it like that untill your restriction is up.

Reply to this Topic
ninja1k

Jan 08

ninja1k says:

Really not worth it........

Hi all,

Kestral69 has hit the nail on the head, don't do it. I'm thinking worst case senario of Fraud by misrepresentation (Serious Offence) and police are using it alot at the moment on unisured drivers who make false declarations to obtain insurance. Enjoy your riding by getting a good grounding on a restricted machine and when you move up to the big stuff it will be worth the wait. Anyway the newish Yamaha 125cc looks a cracking machine.

Ninja:roll eyes:

Reply to this Topic
CBR69

Feb 09

CBR69 says:

INSTANT BAN!!

the above advice is all you need to know, if you get caught, with the harsh views on bikers at the mo, you will prob get 6 points straight off, theres your ban!! then theres whatever else they decide to throw at you, dont do it mate, do your time, its worth it in the long run!! trust us!! you know it makes sense!!:wink:

RIDE SAFE!! THINK BIKE!! :sunglasses:

Reply to this Topic
Pwarr41

Mar 09

Pwarr41 says:

good point from cbr69

Six points would be the least of your worries. More than six points and you'd lose your licence and would have to start all over again. Is it worth the cost of redoing all your tests again, probably find it cheaper to have your bike properly restricted. Say legal it's easier and far cheaper in the long run. Happy riding

Reply to this Topic
Camogary

Apr 08

Camogary says:

33 bhp ?

My son just passed his test at 17. He bought a Honda Hornet 600 and had a restrictor kit fitted.  Bike still manages 100mph,just, runs out of air intake, a bit like his 'ol man, lol. 0-60 should be around 3.7 secs so I'm told. He can count to 5 1/2 -6 when trying 0-60 so the restriction is only really minimal. We go ride outs together , I'm on a 1200 Guzzi Stelvio or a Pan European and he keeps up ok.  As the others have said no restrictor = no valid ins, no valid license, loss of lic and a extended retest. Learn your road craft and enjoy. Remember all the sixties 650 Triumphs ans BSA's were only 25 - 40 bhp .

Ride free, Ride safe,

Gary

Reply to this Topic
sidewayzskillz

Jun 09

yh but.....

50cc mopeds for instance, 95% are derestricted, therefore "no licence = no insurance" but ive never seen anyone get bollocked by the police for it and i know a lot of people who have caused crashes(cuz they ride like diks lol) and my rs125 for instance it is the 2003 gp1 edition extrema, it has a full arrow race system, it hits around 100mph (its geared lower for acceleration) it kills ur standard rs125's that are derestricted and they say (optimistickly) that derestricted standard rs125's give out 33bhp, so i would geuss mines giving out atleast 33bhp,
ive now had my rs for about a month and im already getting bored.

When it comes down to it, my bike has 33bhp and ways as much as a small dog and i still got bored within a month (and i was ridin a 50cc moped)

my advice is get rid of the 33bhp bollox BUT BE PREPARED FOR THE CONSIQUENCES IF YOU GET CAUGHT.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices