Skip to content

Discuss This Aprilia RSV4 first ride New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Aprilia RSV4 first ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Neeves  says:

Aprilia RSV4 first ride

The Aprilia RSV4 launch took place at Misano in Italy. MCN's Michael Neeves was out there riding the RSV4 and reporting back with his impressions of Aprilia's new flagship supersports bike. Weather bad, bike good - 11:15am Unfortunately it hasn’t stopped raining, and the track is still very slippery. Even with the bad weather I’m having the time of my life and I’m disappointed when...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (02 April 2009 09:04)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Rekhmire

Aug 08

Rekhmire says:

I'll never be able to afford one of these, but I know someone who can and has one on oreder! Very impressive looking machine, but I'm happy with my Triumph.

Reply to this Topic
thedokter46

Mar 09

thedokter46 says:

really pleased

great to see aprilia back with yet another great bike the way the rsv4 has been going on track is really impressive to say the least to be a new bike up against proven kit in the wsb paddock is just fab ppl might disagree but the rsv factory isnt a crap bike is it as one rival mag put it we took a rsv on track just a standerd model and it was spanking a ful;l on race bike not bad at all we know from gp,s that aprilia are a force to be reckond with in the 125 / 250 cc classes if i had the cash i would be ordering a top spec bike lets face it not only will it go like a missile it looks fantastic the japs have to start building much sexier tackle congrats to aprilia for really thinking this bike out real bit of top kit

Reply to this Topic
stevyamy

Jul 08

stevyamy says:

Ive always liked aprilia's superbikes,  buy the time I build up to a 1000cc mabe I could afford one second hand!!  Those darn italians know how to make you pay for design.

Biaggi for 3rd/4th in the championship?

Reply to this Topic
N152er

Feb 09

N152er says:

RSV4 / GSXR

Morning. Im sure that M Neevers will like the new RSV4 its just a case of weather he writes anything good about it.

Reply to this Topic
gixercarl

Sep 06

gixercarl says:

richieaustin

funny you said you bought  a blade, great bike dont get me wrong but rode me best mates 08 today  and coming out of a corner the blade now feels like a 600 no exaggeration either , no mistake here my friend, i am lucky enough that they both live in my garage and have the luxury of close comparision, again the blade is a great bike, but Yam have come up with something special like its looks or not

as for R1 looks there is no such thing as a bad looking R1, a set of Akropovics and it not only transforms the look but you get a very well sorted bike

this is my 4th R1 and yes they have all had faults, but so far cant fault this won in any way

sorry RSV4 readers, but you cant let ignorance go unanswered

Reply to this Topic
daveajj

Feb 06

daveajj says:

Brit roads

Monkas

Totaly agree with you, i ride an 08 R1, after having Blades, 600's etc, great bike but i was out yesterday (durham, stockton, richmond, hawes) for 6 hours with quite a few bikers and every time i saw a BMW1200GS i couldn't help but feel a pang of jealousy....

I was crippled when i got back to good old Langley.....

Reply to this Topic
daveajj

Feb 06

daveajj says:

RSV4

My opinion, looks great!!!

with most new sports bikes nowadays there's not much between them, it's just a matter of choice.......there's no right, wrong, crap bike just whatever you fancy!!

I'm sure each uf us have a certain loyalty to a certain brand and m sure that's where some of these comments are coming from....me!! i've always been a Honda fan, still am but i couldn't resist the deal on the R1 and i don't regret it one bit....

Although a new Repsol/HRC Blade has me thinking!!!!

Reply to this Topic
v2kiwi

Mar 04

v2kiwi says:

What the

Opinions are like arseholes , every ones got one but in the end it,s only their opinion. My opinion is that while this bike is good , so are they all.  The restricter on the right twist grip is usually the biggest problem. Not the bike weight or power out put etc. A good rider on a ten year old RVF 400 will more than show up a few people on the road. Its a pitty no one posts tyre pictures with their comments. After all a picture is worth a thousand words.   It,s what ever blows ya hair back, I m lucky enough to have two bikes neither the latest model. (sp2& RVF with xr650 power)  but its far more fun going round the outside of a throughbred when your sittin on an ol mule. So there you go just another opinion from another arsehole.

Reply to this Topic
viski111

Apr 09

viski111 says:

Will there be a full report? Or is 1105 all?

Reply to this Topic
gixercarl

Sep 06

gixercarl says:

riding ability

yes  a good rider will always be quick what ever he rides

but that does not mean crap riders buy all the new bikes,

back on the subject of the RSV4, saw it in  the flesh in October cologne show, and with out doubt it is the best looking bike i have seen ever, it is as good pictures show, well done Aprilia, well done in WSB

good luck to all those who buy them, i have been trying to get one of my mates to buy one, no luck yet

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices