You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Legal > Sending Off Driving Licence

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Fatneck73

Apr 09

Fatneck73 says:

Sending Off Driving Licence

I need to this to change the address but don't want to run the risk of loosing my bike entitlement as I've seen written about several times.

Any advice on how to protect myself re this i.e. if I get it sent off by a solicitor...and then it comes back with the bike entitlement missing, can the solicitor sort this out???

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (06 April 2009 16:41)

Post a message in Legal

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
throbbingdonkey

Mar 09

Driving Licence

Hey Goose... What you say is correct... The only way to stop the bastards is to request info under freedom of info act... They won't accept any photocopies of old licence etc.. Well worth a fiver matey! Regards.. Roger:smile

Reply to this Topic
throbbingdonkey

Mar 09

Driving Licence etc

Hiya... I noticed your reply but the DVLA have been refusing to accept copies of licences and covering letters and even sworn statements from Plod as a copper lost his licence entitlement recently! lol.... The best way is to request info under Freedom of Information Act what the DVLA have as licence entitlements BEFORE sending off liucence - only costs a fiver aswell!!! Regards.. Roger :smile

Reply to this Topic
throbbingdonkey

Mar 09

Driving Licence etc

Hiya Matey.. Noticed your reply and for info (and help hopefully) the ONLY thing DVLA will accept as proof of licence entitlement is available from themselves under Freedom of Information Act - costs a fiver and best to get this BEFORE sending licence away - if you sent yours away a couple of years ago and it came back O.kay then you were lucky they didn't lose your Bike entitlement... They will NOT accept photocopies of old licence as proof etc... Hope this may help.

Regards.  Roger:smile

Reply to this Topic
throbbingdonkey

Mar 09

Driving Licence

:smile Hiya... You are correct about a certified copy being acceptable but you can actually get info from DVLA themselves under Freedom of Information Act - only costs a fiver so may be cheaper and better than using a Solicitor - normal photocopies are NOT acceptable!!! Cheers bud.. Regards. Roger

Reply to this Topic
throbbingdonkey

Mar 09

Driving Licence

Hiya.. Noticed your reply about Driving Licence but best and easiest way is to request from DVLA themselves under Freedom of Information Act the information they hold about you re Bike entitlement etc - plus it only costs a fiver! Regards. Roger:smile

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices