Skip to content

Discuss This Top BSB rider Josh Brookes refused entry into England British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > Top BSB rider Josh Brookes refused entry into England

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Marc Potter  says:

Top BSB rider Josh Brookes refused entry into England

Factory HM Plant Honda rider Josh Brookes will NOT be racing at this weekend’s opening race after immigration officials refused him entry and sent him back home to Australia due to visa problems. MCN has just learned that Brookes was refused entry this morning at Heathrow and is already on his way home. He will be replaced this weekend at Brands...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (07 April 2009 14:52)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

No way!

'What a right ausey git plonker'

Dont know what 'grayzx7r' is talking about here but i have seen on TV documentaries on how Australian Immigration works and let me tell you they are super efficient, dont mess around and yes they do deport undesirables straight away, but then again they dont have a million illegal immigrants swamping their country either.

We will have to wait and see what further comes out about this though, Its a shame he hadnt left Australia a bit earlier though as he may well have still made it for the opening race.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
harry2005

Apr 09

harry2005 says:

Bo**ocks

Well ive seen it all now! this is the last straw with this poxy government and immigration! maybe if Josh had come to England via Somalia or some other far away place, he would have been welcomed with open arms (not to mention we'd have given him a house and £1500 a month to live on for nowt!!!!!!)

Work hard, do what your suppose to and get sh*t on everytime!

Maybe thats where we are going wrong, someone needs to get a government sponser for BSB (we could call it "immigration racing" then Josh wouldnt have a problem!

Sort it out Gordon for fu*ks sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
AdestheMex

Aug 08

AdestheMex says:

Home Office Issues?

Seems he may have run into a similar problem to myself. When you enter the UK on a working Visa it is only valid for the time period specified on the Visa, but, if you leave the UK then the work Visa is no longer Valid. When you re-enter the UK (even if the original wok Visa is valid) you need to apply for a new one.

It's the same here in OZ.  Anyway, I'll find out from the horses mouth and post it here.

Oh, and grayzx7r, you give awesome people like me who ride a ZX7-R a bad name.

Reply to this Topic
slider72

Mar 05

slider72 says:

agree with harr

he's got a job money,in the public eye & he can't get in...if he did have bugger all & from a 3rd world/war torn country he'd be in & settled spending my tax money.

crap! to be polite.

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

IT WILL BE

Discrimination alright,''HE RIDES A MO-BIKE'' :upset:

Its a wounder they didn't put him in jail,its a good job he didn't admit to going fast in the rain on the track,he could have got a couple of months till he calmed down.

It,s a bad show chap,s :lol:

Reply to this Topic
BlackPrince

Feb 09

BlackPrince says:

Prejudiced?

Not sure if I wanna throw around the P-word here but you Brits conquered the bloody world into submission and a few people, many of them from formerly conquered countries, want to make a better life for themselves, and everyone complains? Its a fact that immigration adds human capital to one's society, not to mention making the country a more interesting and livable place in general. Where would everyone in England be without the curry houses that were started by Indian immigrants.

I think its ridiculous that this racer wasn't allowed into England and that the buereaucrats who refused entry to him are smug gits, but still, no reason to bring your recession-induced xenophobic rage into it!!

-Prince, from a former Brit colony...

Reply to this Topic
9999steve

Jun 06

9999steve says:

Whos fault is it?

Whos fault is it? His paper work should be right to get in as it should with all. Its his team or hmself thats to blame as far as i can see. We dont know what the problem was exactly and its not been an issue before for him but sending him home seems harsh on the surface. The rules work both ways as ive found out in the past!

Black Prince. We would all be french or vikings!!

Reply to this Topic
yuzzy9

Feb 09

yuzzy9 says:

josh brooks refused entry

ITS AN ABSOLUTE DISCRACE!!! i mean its ok for a bunch of boarder jumping freeloaders to come over here and spit at our soldiers when they come home from fighting a war,they have no respect for our society and way of life and would rather spend there day blowing themself's up but a good law abiding guy wants to come here and have a few races and its like oh no we cant have that.................what a s**t hole

Reply to this Topic
OnPole

Aug 07

OnPole says:

9999steve/blackprince - i don't think it is recession fuelled xenophobic rage. Its just a general increase in frustration and annoyance among decent, honest, hard-working Brits continually being taken the pi$$ out of by people who have no other aim in life than to lay-about and take as much as they can from the system. WHILST being supported by a bunch of muppets (not fit run a bath let alone a country) pretending to be a government.

The country is turning into a joke - if it hasn't already!

Reply to this Topic
auto4union

Oct 07

auto4union says:

Josh

Seems pretty out of order to me !! But on the other hand it would be great to see Steve Plater back racing ! You never know this might be his ticket to getting a decent ride again if he puts on a good show ? Peace Ye`all !!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices