Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar MotoGP: Valentino Rossi hoping for exciting racing MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar MotoGP: Valentino Rossi hoping for exciting racing

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Qatar MotoGP: Valentino Rossi hoping for exciting racing

Reigning world champion Valentino Rossi has told MCN he hopes the new MotoGP season will deliver the excitement and thrills craved by fans. But the 30-year-old Fiat Yamaha rider, who starts the defence of his world title in Qatar on Sunday night, fears a repeat of many of the dull races witnessed in the 800cc era. Since the introduction of the 800cc...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (09 April 2009 14:07)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mattleon

Feb 09

mattleon says:

well said kawasakibiker. damn right he can ride a bike. most exciting rider to watch in gp at the moment in my opinion. yeah he's a bit of an odd character, but he's young, and personally - as i said below - being a huge rossi fan, i've tried to hate him along with everyone else, but i can't.  The boy's unreal, and im almost warming his "i don't give a to$$ what you lot think of me - i'm here to do my job, do it well, and then go home to my cute young little ozzie chick with my 2 mil a year pay packet".   Adios

Reply to this Topic
mattleon

Feb 09

mattleon says:

sorry - i meant well said bigshow6969!!!!  saw your heading and thought that was ur name :-S

Reply to this Topic
goat46

Feb 09

goat46 says:

JUST BRING BACK THE 990s PLEASE !!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
devsus

Mar 08

devsus says:

Rossi will win ...

Stoner is scorching fast, each and everybody who watches racing knows and this year stoner and his ducati package is looking fantastic but still there are many areas where stoner fails badly , see if stoner is faster then anyone else doesn't gurantee that he will win the title you should have the character as well as guts of champion to win a championship. Really stoner is fast and i like that? this year stoner is too confident that he will win the championship because he is approx 1 sec faster in each and every test then vale46 but he is forgetting something that slow and steady always win's the race , he is so confident that he has not completed full race distance and in several interview he also said that if you can't ride fast then why the guys are completing full race distance, but believe me rossi will blow stoner head, he is not the fastest guy but he has the strength as well as champion guts  against stoner which i think stoner will never able to develop. vale46, caperossi, sete and the like are old generation rider's they shine when less of aids are used but casey, dani , jorge etc are new generation rider's who needs electronic aids . @ bigshow6969 " litle f@acker can ride a bike " ofcouse he can ride a bike but not 990 cc bike , not 250 cc bike , not 125cc bike but ofcourse he can ride 800cc bike , he failed to impress on 990cc, 250cc as well as 125 cc bike but he is good in 800cc bike, let's wait and watch only time knows who will win the title my money is on rossi? he has some more cards to show and by this he means something . Go Vale46..............................

Reply to this Topic
kennygorrie

Jul 08

kennygorrie says:

go vale

being one of the biggest rossi fans going..........i obviously want him to win and I think he might just do it again this year!  however he is going to have to do the business against stoner.................I agree with the dude below, im getting fed up with all the stoner bashing (he's only fast cause he has that bike blah blah) the boy deserves credit..........he might not be the complete racer like rossi but he can damn go a bike.....................if stoner wasnt in it im imagining rossi would take the crown by a mile.............and vice versa!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
chc-pr

Aug 02

chc-pr says:

devsus

You said "ofcouse he [Stoner} can ride a bike but not 990 cc bike , not 250 cc bike , not 125cc bike but ofcourse he can ride 800cc bike , he failed to impress on 990cc, 250cc as well as 125 cc bike but he is good in 800cc bike"

Humour me - explain how Stoner didn't impress on the 990?  He goes with his 250cc team into MotoGP - a team with NO experience of the premier class, and not only matches Pedrosa (who was on the FACTORY version of the SAME) bike but Stoner is the first of them to get a Pole.  Please just tell me when and who the last ROOKIE was on a customer bike to get a pole riding for a NEW, ONE RIDER, team with NO Premier class experience - I can't think of anyone.  I can't recall for sure now, but I think Stoner also got on the podium at least once in his rookie year.  When did ANYONE manage that in MotoGP in a NEW team with NO experience (and no experienced rider in the team on which to draw) on a 2nd string CUSTOMER bike?  Again, I can't think of ANYONE getting close to what Stoner achieved.  So if that is not impressive, what is?

As for not doing anything in 125s or 250s - anyone with ANY understanding of racing will laugh as much at that as the idea that Stoner didn't impress on a 990.  Perhaps you are in habiting a parallel universe.  Its the only explanation - other than you have not the faintest idea.

Reply to this Topic
Keeno46

Jul 08

Keeno46 says:

Email Dorna!!

Everyone email Dorna, tell them what they are doing wrong in the sport, and say the 990s are cheaper to run, as they want to cut costs on everything!!!

heres their email

info@dorna.com

Reply to this Topic
Telboye1

Jun 08

Telboye1 says:

Why oh why

Does every article have to turn into a Rossi versus Stoner slagging match? if Rossi can Respect Stoner, and Stoner can Respect Rossi, why  can't we as fans respect them both? and celebrate the fact that we have two great sporting rivals battling thier hearts out most weekends for our pleasure. Please stop the bitchin and enjoy the show. 

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

can't see much change though

I actually said about 2-3 years ago that the 800cc introduction would spell the end of enjoyable racing due to the lack of overtaking. They can only be ridden in one manner and that makes for very little overtaking. Lots of people suggested various different ways that the 990 bikes could be slowed down (reduction in gear numbers, rev limits, fuel limits etc) but the big wigs of the sport with little knowledge of the implications of their actions pushed through what they thought might work.

I can't see this year being much different from previous years. I suspect rossi and Stoner to be at the front most race meets and then a gap to the rest of the field that will generally be riding in procession. They need to introduce rulings that allow for bikes that can be riden in different ways and then the spectacle of bike racing can return.

Reply to this Topic
devsus

Mar 08

devsus says:

@ chc-pr

see bro, i am not against stoner or anybody else the ideas are different as the men behaviour is , so it's all our prediction , what we say here doesn't affect the corcerned person at all in any way, if you like stoner then it's your wish , if i don't like him it's my wish simple!  but one thing i will say that if (stoner) is so great then he will crush giacomo agostini record of total championship win in near future . my point was he is very good in 800cc compared to 990cc bike because his riding style suits that bike , one point more, the greatness doesn't lie in records or fastest lap etc ..etc... greatness lies how much longer you can stand against new & upcoming talent and for how long period, i think you will understand ? see rossi he is 30 now but still he comes on top on overall rating though he may not be the fastest guy around motogp , he has given motogp a new height which i think nobody in current generation rider including stoner can give , records matter nothing nor fastest lap without factory team.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices