Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar MotoGP: Stoner wins rescheduled Qatar clash MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar MotoGP: Stoner wins rescheduled Qatar clash

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Qatar MotoGP: Stoner wins rescheduled Qatar clash

Ducati rider Casey Stoner won the MotoGP race in Qatar after it was postponed due to torrential rain.   The Aussie finished over 7 seconds ahead of Fiat Yamaha rider Valentino Rossi. Rossi's Spanish team mate Jorge Lorenzo finished in third.   Yamaha Tech 3 rider Colin Edwards took fourth ahead of fifth place Repsol Honda rider Andrea Dovizioso. MotoGP veteran Loris Capirossi, riding for...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (13 April 2009 20:19)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
toe_down_sv_racing

Jan 08

One More Thing....

Well Done that man Mikka Kallio !!!!!

8th place finish in the rookie race of his life ... onboard a CUSTOMER Ducati.... next best Ducati was 14 seconds behind him! Stoners team-mate, Nicky Hayden, although he was riding injured .... BUT give that man a factory ride next year please !!!!:eyebrows:

I had a seriously good feeling from him moving to Ducati, hence why he's in my FRR dream team.

Same feeling about Capirossi, but oh well, he'll have plenty of time yet, that Suzuki isnt crap.

:ph43r:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
vladtheimpalerreturns

Jul 03

Boring MotoGP

Thinking of doing some knitting when the next motoGP is on, should be far more interesting than another boring formula 1 like procession, thank God for superbikes.

Reply to this Topic
Amber7472

Apr 09

Amber7472 says:

Qatar

Only Pedrosa and Hayden were within a second of each other at the line, qualifying now seems dull and I am left thinking I will see closer on track action at the TT!

Bring back 990s with no electronics - let the talent shine - the rider should control the power not the ECU!

Reply to this Topic
stormr

Aug 02

stormr says:

@ 1986vfr750

So you're claiming that Stoner has a 20-25km/h speed advantage???

Maybe you should look at the Motogp website and check out the Qatar maximum speed pdf.

Stoner's max speed 337.2km/h

Lorenzo max speed 337.0km/h

Rossi max speed 334.2km/h

So all Rossi has to do to correct his massive?? speed disadvantage is tear down his (pathetic) pit garage wall and demand one of Lorenzo's bikes - they're as fast as the Ducati!!

Reply to this Topic
Fuller46

Apr 05

Fuller46 says:

what a crock of shit

4 laps in 125s, 13 on 250s and the most boring race ever seen in motogp. if the mono-tyre was supposed to help closer racing, they've messed it up bigtime. The night race should be abandoned altogether or moved to a different time of year. I cannot believe I actually got excited about the start of the season with a race like that. One thing I did notice though in parc ferme was the difference in tyres at the end of the race, ducatis carbon fibre chassis seems to conserve the tyres loads more than the yams. both lorenzo's and rossi's tryes were shot and stoner seemed to still have some life left in it - even after casey had the red bike screaming all race long. hopefully motegi will be a much better race, with a dry weekend and no set backs. but im not holding my breath

Reply to this Topic
kawasakibiker

May 07

I don't blame Stoner anymore...

I mean he's just a victim of his abilities, the Dukes abilities and the engineers abilities right? Ducati have no strengths apart from this one man and no hint of any of the other riders doing any better. Ducati can't win any other way than to go all out from the beginning. I'm afraid the 800cc era is what it is because of Ducati's race strategy. They know their rider (Stoner) can't do anything to put on a show like hold back then go for it because he has no confidence to do so with Rossi's superior skills when in a pack. If he has to battle for positions he usually comes off second best or loses his rag saying the racing was dangerous.

Stoner will continue this way all his career, certainly this season and the only time we will see any competitive racing is if the first few laps the Duke/Stoner combo isn't at the front. It will take rule changes to sort this mess out and Ducati will kick up a stink saying its all unfair.

Is it impressive and does it demand respect? Not really, he's fast and will probably win the Championship back but will we see any drama from him or passion? NOPE. Its just a year long test to prove the Duke can hammer the lap times in and win from the front. I'm glad Rossi won last year because he must feel his beloved sport has died. Who would have predicted this scalextric type bike racing a few years ago?

The best technique Rossi could use now is to stay ahead of the nearest man behind him and ensure Stoner wins by the biggest margin possible. I would give Stoner his dream and let him win the lot. See what the public opinion of the sport and the quality of racing is then.

I'm just glad the control tyres have proved nothing for closer racing. Lets face it the tyres are better in the way we won't see inconsistent track performance and everyone has the same brand BUT the Duke is the major winner from the deal surely? Can anyone see the others catching up to Stoner? Seriously? I can't.

Makes me laugh how Stoner says "it was a hard race"!!!! Fu*king what?? Yeah Casey, must be so difficult staying ahead by 3-4 seconds a lap and never having to overtake or get challenged in any way whatsoever. Its like being the only man in the ring in a boxing match!!!

I bet Hoppers glad he's in WSB because THATS the ultimate bike racing series now 110%

Sorry for long post - I feel strongly about how naff the 800cc era is compared to the 990's.

Reply to this Topic
cfoggy

Aug 02

cfoggy says:

Boring

The whoe moto gp race was boring!! there was better action in the BSB superbike and supersport!

Reply to this Topic
bordersmike

Apr 09

bordersmike says:

Don't despair!

I can identify with the negative comments on this season's Moto GP opener at Losail, but let's not get too carried away. We already knew that the circuit suits the Stoner/Ducati/Bridgstone combo better than any other, so it was no surprise to see him clear off as soon as the lights went out. But don't despair! As the GP circus moves on to different circuits, as other teams evolve to suit control tyres that were actually optimised for Stoner's Ducati, and as injured riders get fully fit - then I think we'll be in for some proper entertainment. All the same, I do have to agree that dull characters like 'robo-kid' Stoner don't bring as much to the party as proper showmen like Rossi. But then again, there have been many others cast in the Stoner mould since I started following bike racing in the '60s.

Reply to this Topic
bog69

Aug 02

bog69 says:

get foggy on the ducati. he'll learn 'm

Reply to this Topic
Ripm4x

Feb 09

Ripm4x says:

It was sooo dull. I was so bored I think I could have watched an episode of Eastenders without vomiting blood...

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices