Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar MotoGP: Stoner wins rescheduled Qatar clash MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar MotoGP: Stoner wins rescheduled Qatar clash

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Qatar MotoGP: Stoner wins rescheduled Qatar clash

Ducati rider Casey Stoner won the MotoGP race in Qatar after it was postponed due to torrential rain.   The Aussie finished over 7 seconds ahead of Fiat Yamaha rider Valentino Rossi. Rossi's Spanish team mate Jorge Lorenzo finished in third.   Yamaha Tech 3 rider Colin Edwards took fourth ahead of fifth place Repsol Honda rider Andrea Dovizioso. MotoGP veteran Loris Capirossi, riding for...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (13 April 2009 20:19)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
TheCelticHound

Jun 08

STONER AWESOME

Outstanding ride by Casey but oh so boring, what a delayed anti-climax it turned out to be. If this is how the season is likely to pan out then God help us. Ciao

Reply to this Topic
Glynn Racing

Sep 08

Glynn Racing says:

Boring

After watching 2 superb BSB races from Brands, the Moto GP was such an anti-climax. Well done to casey Stoner and Ducati but I have seen more overtaking from pensioners on simmer frames. On a more serious note, I do hope that James Toseland bounces back with his  confidence as I feel that his team and Yamaha will not accept this level of performance from him.

Reply to this Topic
stoner27

Jul 08

stoner27 says:

same old

o well kwakanakerbiker better luck next time . you carnt give credit when its due sad little man..yep it did get boring so why didnt the other yams make it more interesting !!

Reply to this Topic
SPARKYD

Mar 09

SPARKYD says:

Boring race

Easy win for casey tbh, rossi messed up his start if he got it right we might of seen a race.

James is guna lose his ride next year if he keeps crashing.

After that race im not sure if its worth losing sleep waking up at 5:00am for motegi, but we'll see.

Roll on WSBK

Reply to this Topic
bandit fighter

Nov 07

yawn

well the single trye rule to make for closer racing,seems to have failed miserably,hope this yawn fest isn't an omen of the season to come-

well done to casey he just did what he had to do-if vale hadn't got caught up in the first few laps it may have been a decent race between them,a few good races going on mid-field but on the whole a BIG let down for me.

Reply to this Topic
seabeeahh600

Jul 07

seabeeahh600 says:

Anti Climax

I'm not stoner's biggest fan, but credit where its due, that was an good ride..but, its a boring race, not just with stoner, but all the other big gaps as well... cameras started to show the battle for 6th or 8th, but even that didnt come to much...sorry, but moto gp just isn't the show anymore, BSB and WSB are alot more exciting...Moto GP had a huge build up and came to nothing, as soon as Stoner hit the front it was obvious... Thought Rossi was getting close, but he had to eventually back off... I think the gaps from stoner to Rossi to the rest of the field says it all, the one make tyre hasnt made enough difference, I think the organisers need to look at something else, in a way like F1 has, cut costs, change things, cause the 990 era was such a difference..

Reply to this Topic
Keeno46

Jul 08

Keeno46 says:

Stoner

So every Stoner fan thinks Stoner is so unbeatable, he gets to the first corner first with .500 of a second ahead of the feild, and clears off, why doesnt he, sit play with the riders, and like atleast 10 laps from the end, then clear off, make the racing so much more fun, thats what Rossi used to do, never made it boring

Reply to this Topic
toe_down_sv_racing

Jan 08

Stoners Got A Good Tactic....

You may not wanna hear someone who has supported stoner since mid 2004, but he has had and used the same tactic every race ive seen him in.

He had always been on slow-to-shit bikes, and knows the only way to keep a safe score is to get away from riders.

The other train of thought is that his style IS so aggressive, someone like Rossi with the skills to be smooth while battling upsets his rhythm too much.

Its a shame he went out so far so early, Stoners kingdom is Losail, and if Rossi was upto speed, it WOULD of been a 22 lap desert war.

Rossi's facial expression in the post-race interview said it all ..... He knows he wont have it as easy as he did in 2008 .... I might speculate that the Ducati in Stoners hands will be able to compensate (or stoner will) for problems other riders cant face.

But the race clearly shows the top 3 title contenders ..... incidently, WSBK at losail isnt much less spead out in terms of riders, and there are more ....

Reply to this Topic
merv007

Dec 07

merv007 says:

moto-gp

i dont have a problem with people saying the racing is boring if Stoner wins, thats their opinion. just as long as they are consistent and also say its boring if a certain Mr Rossi wins by 7 seconds...

great result for Ducati and Stoner, im glad toby and julian recognise what an achievment this is for a small and passionate company like to Ducati to beat the faceless Asian corporations.

just one more thing - why dont they let the riders use titanium knee sliders??? would be amazing at a night race

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

early days...

.... but not really that encouraging.  the season has two horse race written all over it - i hope i'm so wrong ...

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle