Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar MotoGP: Stoner wins rescheduled Qatar clash MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar MotoGP: Stoner wins rescheduled Qatar clash

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Qatar MotoGP: Stoner wins rescheduled Qatar clash

Ducati rider Casey Stoner won the MotoGP race in Qatar after it was postponed due to torrential rain.   The Aussie finished over 7 seconds ahead of Fiat Yamaha rider Valentino Rossi. Rossi's Spanish team mate Jorge Lorenzo finished in third.   Yamaha Tech 3 rider Colin Edwards took fourth ahead of fifth place Repsol Honda rider Andrea Dovizioso. MotoGP veteran Loris Capirossi, riding for...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (13 April 2009 20:19)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
simoncbr900rr

Jun 07

ducati v yamaha

uuummm....rossi doesn`t hold back either!! anymore cos he knows stoner is a much better rival than gibernau.......the question is how good is stoner......the nearest ducati was 12th...yams were 2,3,4......if someone tempts stoner away from ducati they`ll be nowhere

Reply to this Topic
windy12

Oct 07

windy12 says:

Edwards

What a ride by Edwards, he has done a Plater and is getting more youthful on a bike each year!!

Brilliant ride by Stoner.  The tracks are what is wrong with GP, they were ok, just for the 500s as they were amazing bikes to watch people wrestle with, with these bikes the tracks are boring.  With the likes of British Spuerbikes they are travelling slower but the tracks give the impression of much higher speed with undulations etc.  They could have had twists, turns hills and hollows with big run off areas to save injuries, but kept the excitement.  The old GP cars used to handle hills etc before they piled on those stupid downforce wings and worse still nose fins, levelled out the tracks for the one type of racing.  Jackie Stewart, Stirling Moss and Graham Hill used to get air under his car in the early days!!

Spectators should design tracks alongside the professionals.

Reply to this Topic
Fuller46

Apr 05

Fuller46 says:

bog69

foggy on a ducati, you must be joking, what a laugh, take him to phillip island again and watch him be a cocky arse and do himself over again  - he's always been a tosser and he got caned off john kocinski. your a decade too late buddy 

Reply to this Topic
damien46

Jul 08

damien46 says:

for fuck sake will ye all calm down,rossi was much closer than last year and we all know what happend and they have tested a lot in qatar so lets forget that race and hope things are closer in japan,well done casey and vale..

Reply to this Topic
Evs7

Mar 07

Evs7 says:

next nearest Ducati

The next nearest Ducati was Mika Kallio in 8th place and he rode pretty damn well. I can see Kallio getting to grips with that bike before the season is out. Normally it takes riders half the season before they master the Ducati but Kallio looks like he might follow in Casey's footsteps.

Love the way everyone is moaning after one race and also at the wrong people as always. Why is it supposedly Casey Stoners or Ducati's fault? It is Ducati's job to make a competitive bike, it is Casey's job to ride it as fast as possible, if the show is no good then maybe the other factory's and rider's should pull there fingers out and ride on the limit.

The tyres weren't designed for the Ducati. The Bridgestone tyres this year are completely new compound.

On another point is it also boring that only two riders have won in World Superbike this year in the opening 6 races?

Reply to this Topic
highwaytohell

Jun 08

Qatar

Many years ago I read the following interesting fact:

There are more people who live in the greater London area, than the total population of Australia, yet you could fit all of Great Britain into area of Victoria. (our smallest mainland state)

Makes you wonder how we keep on producing so many champions!!

Go Casey.

Reply to this Topic
mike27

Aug 02

mike27 says:

Qatar

If I recall correctly, the correct order of excuses over the last few years for Stoner's "easy" wins have been:

1  The Ducati is a lot faster in a straight line (the Yamaha is as fast, as is the Honda with Pedrosa on it)

2  The Ducati has the best tyres (CS still wins when they're all on Bridgestones and NOT the special compounds that only him and Rossi are capable of using - note the only reason the others didn't have those tyres last year is that they were not capable of using them);

3  The Ducati has the best traction control enabling Stoner to just "pin it" out of corners (CS is faster out of corners that his rivals, but he also gains alot into the corners, including over the other Dukes) - plus, if it's so easy, why can't his team mates just "pin it" and get within 1 second a lap of him?;

4  Stoner can only win from the front as he isn't good enough to dice with the others (2008 Qatar, he picked em off nicely as I recall - why bother to mix it when you don't have to?);

5  Only Stoner is able to ride the Duke as it has been made for him.

Now, 5 is a great reason as it is almost impossible to argue against...except, of course, it is utter boll0cks!  The title-winning GP7 was designed before CS had even signed for Ducati and he went to win 10 races on it and the title.  I mean come on; Capirossi, Melandri and Hayden are class riders, but have to date been incapable of giving CS a game.

Let's face it guys, you may have to recognise that Stoner is actually a brilliant rider who is winning races on merit.  Perhaps not???  Well, just remember that Jerry Burgess pushed Yamaha to sign him for the 2007 season (and they chose Edwards!!).  Maybe, JB knows what he's on about???

Reply to this Topic
Stavros7

Oct 04

Stavros7 says:

Qatar

Good points Evs7 - couldn't agree more.

Seems to me that unless Rossi wins then a race is declared boring by his adoring fans.

Can't understand how a race can be called boring when you have riders battling to get the best out of their machines at over 200mph! How can that possibly be boring???

Really glad to see Marco get some points - I really hope he can build his confidence and improve race by race - subject to the Kawasaki team continuing this year.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
snorris1969

Jun 08

snorris1969 says:

why do these discusions always come down to stoner and rossi the fact is moto gp is becoming boring and something has to change . closer racing  , better racing , more people watching

Reply to this Topic
Evs7

Mar 07

Evs7 says:

MotoGP Boring???

I find it confusing when people say MotoGP is boring. great battles between Dovi/Lorenzo/Edwards and also Pedrosa/De Angelis. Also the gaps in qualifying were closer in MotoGP than they were in 125cc.

It took five years to get the 990cc era competitive so that we got a last race championship decider. This is only the third 800cc season. In two seasons time the racing will be much closer as Honda, Suzuki and Yamaha will all have re-developed their bikes to get closer to Ducati and Stoner.

I'm not trying to cause arguements or a Stoner/Rossi war of words, merely saying credit where credit is due. I follow a lot of the riders rather than one in general and I really don't think Stoner is given credit for his success.

He's a class act and one of the few riders who was able to give Pedrosa a battle in the 250cc class and was a huge success in the British 125cc championship. The guy has natural talent.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices