Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar MotoGP: Stoner wins rescheduled Qatar clash MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar MotoGP: Stoner wins rescheduled Qatar clash

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Qatar MotoGP: Stoner wins rescheduled Qatar clash

Ducati rider Casey Stoner won the MotoGP race in Qatar after it was postponed due to torrential rain.   The Aussie finished over 7 seconds ahead of Fiat Yamaha rider Valentino Rossi. Rossi's Spanish team mate Jorge Lorenzo finished in third.   Yamaha Tech 3 rider Colin Edwards took fourth ahead of fifth place Repsol Honda rider Andrea Dovizioso. MotoGP veteran Loris Capirossi, riding for...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (13 April 2009 20:19)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
nathan35uk

Feb 06

nathan35uk says:

Yehhh

Like the man said , be carefull with bens bike jamesy boy  but ben mate ,you aint gonna beat stoner unless you run off with his gorjus wife , sorry !!

Reply to this Topic
LAWSON21

Feb 09

LAWSON21 says:

any one know how stoner goes so hard on the first couple of laps, he'd gapped rossi by 3sec's and was doing that most of last year as well, king awsome the kid is

Reply to this Topic
bog69

Aug 02

bog69 says:

Fuller46

more like fullershit. 10 years should of healed the shoulder. just remember what he did on the cagiva

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

bog69

What did he do on a Cagiva? NOTHING as far as I remember.He only did well on a Ducati superbike which most of the time was the best bike on the grid by far!!

Reply to this Topic
LAWSON21

Feb 09

LAWSON21 says:

do you know who stoner reminds me off........DOOHAN doesn't play the game just pick's up the ball and fuck's off , and he is that good

Reply to this Topic
jonascooper

May 03

jonascooper says:

moto gp

Please tell me we're not in for another season like last year and the year before, the bbc should have signed WSB ;-) MUCH MORE FUN AND 2 RACES

Reply to this Topic
vtwinchrisbadboy

Apr 09

Stoner vs Rossi

Its early days yet, Stoner has a convincing win, and everyone thinks he won the world championship for 09.

This was Stoners favored track Qatar, Laguna Seca is Stoners nemisis, and look what happened lasy year Stoner won the first couple of races, then it went down hill from there, so dont write off Rossi, as I bet he will win this years World championship as well, as through out the season his bike will get even more quicker with development, more so than Ducati.

Reply to this Topic
SPARKYD

Mar 09

SPARKYD says:

bbc rubbish

bbc commentators are rubbish and gay, they didnt even go through the gird positions when it came up on the screen, and at the end of the race steve parrish said something along the lines of  "Does my bum look big in this" wtf does that have to do with moto gp.

Reply to this Topic
kgb333

Apr 09

kgb333 says:

The whole show

Was, as many have said, a bit of a yawn, but that was always going to happen in the desert,  in the 1st race of the season. Too many people are carying injuries from the off season or practice or are still healing from operations, so once it started and first lap completed most where going to get what points they could without messing up too much. Who was the pommie kid who went motorcrossing, not the best way to shine in MotoGP.

I have always loved Rossi the showman, but if you want Stoner to be like him, well you will be waiting a long time, he is just a quiet lad who is a damn fine talent on the bike. He has also worked too hard for too long  to get the Ducati ride and my guess is he isn't going to stuff it up by trying to be the biggest show off in the paddock.

The new control tyre is going to challenge all teams and all manufacturers because they will now have to design bikes properly, my guess is the Hondas won't get anywhere because they have never been designed properly. The Yam will be king of the season for potential simply because they have always been the bike with the better overall package, Suzi's may get somewhere, Kwaka hopefully but the Ducati is a hard thing to ride and Casey does seem to be able to tame it or know when to hang on tight and then hang on tighter! I don't believe it will get any easier unless Mika Kallio climbs the order some more and then it might become more neutral.

Only time will tell, Rossi was never going to win that race, crap start, crap grid position or whatever, even if he and Stoner launched fromt he smae grid position the Yam was always going to eat its tyres. Hopefully this will become less of a facotr as the season progresses.

Last comment - I want Colin Edwards to be the season champion, because the party would be the biggest one ever and would most probably go until the beginning of the first race next year

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle