Skip to content

Ask an Expert Which Bike? Buying & selling bikes

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Buying & selling bikes > Which Bike?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Exorcist3000

Apr 09

Exorcist3000 says:

Which Bike?

I want a bike for general leisure riding and summer commuting (2-3 days per week). I want something that has a bit of a 'pull' but is practical for 140 miles round trip commute.

I am thinking Hayabusa, ZZR1400 or VFR800.

Any advice? I was going for VFR but you just trashed it in this week paper!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (16 April 2009 09:25)

Post a message in Buying & selling bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

Which bike?

How tall and wide are you??? It makes a difference.

I'd suggest a ZZR600.

Reply to this Topic
Exorcist3000

Apr 09

Exorcist3000 says:

Size matters

I have got short legs 31" so most trails/Supermotos etc are not suitable. I am 5' 10" tall and weigh 17.5 stone (good suspension a must!!).

My current bike is a ZZR600

Reply to this Topic
Tooshay

Dec 07

Tooshay says:

VFR880 V-tec

I just bought a new VFR a month ago and have now covered over 1000miles on it. It's very comfortable (though i'm 6' 2") and its got plenty of pull for me, but maybe not for other people. My last bike was a CB1300S and i had an SV650S before that and this probably has more pull than the CB, though it's not as good low down the rev's, which isn't really a shock. The only issue i have with it is the throttle response can be very snatchy below 6k rev's. Also, in lower speed limits, such as 20's & 30's it's almost impossible to keep the throttle smooth, even on the smoothest of roads... don't even mention norfolk's finest bumpy, pot-holed ones! It really can be a nightmare at times to be honest, but i'm currently trying to get honda to sort it for me, and if they do, it will be an excellent bike. With better fuelling and a better throttle response, i would definately recommend it. But i have heard of ones that are very smooth... so i live in hope! lol. I think whichever of the three you pick, you'll be happy with though. Good luck choosing!

Reply to this Topic
Cambuster

Apr 09

Cambuster says:

Which Bike ?

Personal choice - but from that list I'd go for the ZZR - slightly less intense than the Busa, but far more all-round desirable than the VFR. I'm 6ft & tried a ZZR recently for the same reason and was very impressed with how light it felt (as it looks like a big chunk of metal !) & with the rideability - you could definitely do everything you're looking for on it - and never use all of it's "pull" !!  Enjoy whatever you go for.

Reply to this Topic
ninja1k

Jan 08

ninja1k says:

Which Bike.....Easy

Hi mate,

Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird, all day long.....

Ninja:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
Exorcist3000

Apr 09

Exorcist3000 says:

Which Bike?

My head is saying go for the VFR - good all round bike.

My heart is saying Busa - beautifull bike

My local (Colchester) dealer has a Green ZZR and it was calling to me!!

It will probably come down to cost - I went on Go compare for insurance quotes in March and then again in April and the prices doubled!!

Reply to this Topic
Cambuster

Apr 09

Cambuster says:

Why we ride...

Biking is a lot more about heart than head - fantastic ride into work this morning with a great big smile on my ugly mug all the way...& already grinning just thinking about the ride home. Go with your heart - a whole lot more satisfying than sensible....!! If you want the Busa...go for it. 

Reply to this Topic
davidstowe358

Jun 08

which bike

Hi mate,

I've had a hayabusa for a while and i think its great in everyway i'm 6''2' and it's great i'd say try a few first.

good luck.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices