You are in... Forums > General > General > MCN wants your opinion

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

SeanW

Aug 02

SeanW says:

MCN wants your opinion

We're having a look at our bike reviews section and bikes for sale section to see how they can be improved.

Couple of things we'd value feedback on from those of you who ever use these sections of the site...

1. When you're thiking about buying your next bike, what info are you looking for that isn't currently on MCN, or isn't delivered well enough on MCN?

2. Anyone who wants to be included on a list of people we will use for testing of ideas please volunteer by emailing me at sean.warwick@bauermedia.co.uk

Look forward to hearing your ideas (and of course the traditional abuse) :ph43r:

Sean

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (16 April 2009 12:12)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ducatiboy1967

Feb 08

SEan

I don't use the reviews.  I've been riding for 27 years, every day and I'll arrange my own test rides and make up my own mind.  A lot of the reviews in MCN from you guys are useless to me.  I can't afford the latest YammaGammaXXXRRRRZZZ from the land of the rising Yen even if I wanted to (which I don't).  The articles I do find useful are the kit reviews (if they have actually been based on someone using them a year at least) and the travel ideas.  DB

Reply to this Topic
DrFutura

Apr 07

DrFutura says:

While out on me bike today

I was thinking that I have no idea if my bike would be rated "easy" or "difficult" to ride. Obviously there would be a degree of personality in this. When you get behind  the wheel of and drive a car some are instantly familiar, some not. It must be the same with bikes surely? There does not always seem to be information about wind protection, whic is important to me (mine does not seem to have enough).

Reply to this Topic
steve.g

Jan 08

steve.g says:

m.c.n

tell you what, get 90s bikes off readers, and do two page spreads on them. we dont all want latest/fastest/most bonkers bike.

test my 955i if you want, last of old shape t595 style. test it against 916.

drop it, you pay. many people out there yearn for what they couldnt afford when they were new.

Reply to this Topic
agenot

Oct 08

agenot says:

reviews

If it is of any intrest, after a gap of 15 years owning a bike, I bought my current machine after spending many hours on the net reading about Hyosung(my local dealer),I was only intrested in a 250 commuter bike so when I came across the MCN review/comparision/video article between the Ninja and Hyosung 250GT I was sold towards the Hyosung,though I think more still could of been explained,ie:service/parts.

What MCN to me as a 53 old git, lacks is the right age group that test these 125/250 bikes the kids that are actually buying these machines,want to know the cost of add on's like snazzie exhaust systems, screens etc etc,check u-tube,no offence to the guys that produce the videos, I reckon that if MCN want to broaden its readership then when reviewing 125/250 machines maybe have the younger generation doing the leg work.

Reply to this Topic
steve_n.yorks

Nov 07

Suggested Improvements

1 - Running / Servicing Costs.

It might be an idea to provide servicing intervals and average costs for servicing. As, i'm sure you'll agree, can vary dramatically and put off potential buyers.

2 - Comparison 'line-ups'

Check out auto-trader, they have a 'compare' box at the side of the advertisement that can be ticked by the user, your allowed to tick off 5No advertisements which will then line-up side by side on one window with the relvant spec details beneath each selection.

Reply to this Topic
fourstars

Jan 05

fourstars says:

Searches

In bikes for sale can you sort by price and distance?

Reply to this Topic
tomlloydy

Mar 09

tomlloydy says:

Sean

Some of the reviews are missing some of the facts such as MPG and 1/4 mile acceleration. So make sure there all there?

Reply to this Topic
b3bmcwi

May 07

b3bmcwi says:

reviews

As said above some stats are missing from some listings.

I like the reviews that have PDF links at the bottom to MCN's test - ER6 I think is one example. More of these would be good.

Reply to this Topic
Pwarr41

Mar 09

Pwarr41 says:

running costs

Most reviews rave on about the bikes handling and comfort. Maybe some more information in reviews about the issue of money, servicing costs, ease of getting parts. Most reviews seem to indicate the fuel tank capacity but never mention the fuel consumption. When i look for a new bike i like to compare how much it will cost to run and which is better on fuel plus insurance costs of different bikes

Reply to this Topic
opsman

Aug 02

opsman says:

why not have readers join in on a test

Why not support tests with a readers review of riding the bike as well as testers, then this may give some nice comments that average people would enjoy and benefit from.

www.ratyak.co.uk

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices