You are in... Forums > General > General > MCN wants your opinion

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

SeanW

Aug 02

SeanW says:

MCN wants your opinion

We're having a look at our bike reviews section and bikes for sale section to see how they can be improved.

Couple of things we'd value feedback on from those of you who ever use these sections of the site...

1. When you're thiking about buying your next bike, what info are you looking for that isn't currently on MCN, or isn't delivered well enough on MCN?

2. Anyone who wants to be included on a list of people we will use for testing of ideas please volunteer by emailing me at sean.warwick@bauermedia.co.uk

Look forward to hearing your ideas (and of course the traditional abuse) :ph43r:

Sean

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (16 April 2009 12:12)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

Maybe

A 'rate this advert' for people that have viewed the bike and found it to be a heap of shite ????

Reply to this Topic
incognito96

May 07

incognito96 says:

comparison

There should be a comparison chart against other bikes you want to buy/look at.the bikes  should have ratings against each other.Also as said there should be a number/ back issue in a magazine you can go to.to view the good and bad in the bike.

Reply to this Topic
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

incognito

Ratings as in what?  The only person that can decide on what they want, how they feel, and what they want from a bike is the person themselves after riding them.  Thats what test rides are for......

At the end of the day, its a 'bike mart', and if sellers are going to put bikes up for sale, knowing that MCN are going to put ratings on them compared to other bikes, if the 'test riders' ratings dont give good marks then why would they bother.  After all, not all of us are to the standard of the test riders (ahem), and somebody of a loower standard may find a lower ranked bike just to their liking.

Reply to this Topic
SeanW

Aug 02

SeanW says:

Thanks for stuff so far

Some good ideas for improvement - and interestingly some of you asking for stuff that you can already do, and must therefore be badly presented curretnly (eg searching by price range).

As a reminder, the question is about bike reviews as well as bikes for sale.

For instance, I'm wondering if the more experienced among you even bother to look at bike reviews before going shopping for your next bike - maybe yo just dive straight into the bikes for sale section?

Sean

Reply to this Topic
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

Sean

I do look at bike reviews for a general idea, but do not see them as gospel, and also do not buy a bike until its tried and tested myself.

To be honest, all the review I have read on most of the bikes I have owned have been not to far off the mark.  Being the 600RR, the GSXR750's, and now the Daytona 675.... But reviews are reviews....Short term blasts on track and road, and no ownership involved.  Ownership is where you know if you are going to love or hate a bike, no matter how good they are.

Reply to this Topic
SeanW

Aug 02

SeanW says:

Indeed...

So what do you think of the owners' reviews that are in our bike reviews?

Would you trust them blindly? Or do you read between the lines? Or what?

What is the most useful thing an owner's review can give you?

Reply to this Topic
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

Owners review

I personally would not trust an 'owners review'......from some owner that I didnt know.  Some guy can say 'its the best handling bike ever', when in actual fact he rides like a wuss.
It also goes down the same line as the review could read 'after 2 years of ownership, the bike is immaculate', well, my immaculate, from what ive seen is at a far higher standard than other peoples immaculate....And my bike in thrashed every weekend, trackdayed, and ridden to work......And no I dont spend hours and hours cleaning, I just know what to do and when....
Its a mine field mate.....and what some people say, others will agree, and what others say, some will think its bollox.
The adverts on here are simple to use (I went trawling for a month or two on here), its easy to find bikes, private, dealers, milage, price etc etc etc....... What more do people want?

Like I did say though.....If someone has advertised the bike as immaculate, and its a fookin minger, that should be able to be addressed.

Reply to this Topic
airwane

Mar 09

airwane says:

MCN

Most idea I had have been said I think. for bike sale is there a way to make sure that if the bike is no longer for it should be taken off. or make sure that if it still for sale MCN should remind them to renew they add or something.

Reply to this Topic
olgreyken

Feb 09

olgreyken says:

Bike Mart

Hi Sean, I think the Bike Mart section is pretty good now, the existing grouping would work if the people placing the adverts used consistent model descriptions! You are right though, the selective criteria bit could be better presented, for example the search from a postcode does not appear if you start your search from the main screen. As far as the reviews go, they are also pretty good, your star ratings are useful but it would also be useful to provide links to alternative reviews from elsewhere in your organisation e.g. Ride, PB etc who may have run a long term test.

Reply to this Topic
airwane

Mar 09

airwane says:

Alternative

They should be a section where we are given an alternative bike to he one reviewed or be able to compare it to another one.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices