You are in... Forums > General > General > MCN wants your opinion

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

SeanW

Aug 02

SeanW says:

MCN wants your opinion

We're having a look at our bike reviews section and bikes for sale section to see how they can be improved.

Couple of things we'd value feedback on from those of you who ever use these sections of the site...

1. When you're thiking about buying your next bike, what info are you looking for that isn't currently on MCN, or isn't delivered well enough on MCN?

2. Anyone who wants to be included on a list of people we will use for testing of ideas please volunteer by emailing me at sean.warwick@bauermedia.co.uk

Look forward to hearing your ideas (and of course the traditional abuse) :ph43r:

Sean

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (16 April 2009 12:12)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
JustBe

May 09

JustBe says:

Depth

I want more in depth video reviews because I want to see the bike in action and more of your guys opinions. I want like to see you do stupid things like which bike is better at pulling chicks. Also more road reviews because it's alright taking them round a track but I use my bike everyday to get to work and I'd like a more down to earth review.

Reply to this Topic
tsgv

Jan 09

tsgv says:

Not

sure if you all ready do this but would be nice to get invites out to memebers of MCN on here to come down and test out the bikes so you have a nice broad opinion from new people to biking to people who wouldnt usually ride a sports bike. Would make people feel as though they are giving something back and would let people try something different or couldnt afford :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
fast fox

Jan 04

fast fox says:

ideas

Cant mcn get rid of the "subject" field that you have to fill out when replying to threads?
We know what the subject is becuase we click in it in the first place.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Tvr65

Aug 05

Tvr65 says:

web site suggestions

i will want mcn freebies and commission for this idea , but i think it would be cool if i were to type in a specific  type of bike, then mcn would email me when someone placed that bike of that model for sale  or bikes within a certian price range. with the possibility of charging  a small fee of having it texted to your phone along with the picture so you can be on the ball as a buyer and get in there first  . hows that for an idea?

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

suggestion

What might be worth looking at is a way to easily compare the review and rating of one bike against a different model. Normally you know what sort of bike you want and you just need to way up the pros and cons against competitiors to see which might be the best option.

Reply to this Topic
canarlee

Aug 05

canarlee says:

how about

bikes for hire? for people visiting..........

Reply to this Topic
smileychief

Aug 02

smileychief says:

Well

this guy has an opinion!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxi1J2EntVU

Reply to this Topic
AllTheGoodNamesWereGone

May 09

One small annoyance...

(not related to reviews, but the site generally, sorry) ...is that you have to open a post AND then click on the "Go to most recent reply" link to quickly move to the last inane ramblings, if there are several pages of replies.

I use the Go Fishing site which is also a Bauer Media run site and they have a link from the post listings to go directly to the last post within a thread. Ok, so it just saves one click, but it can be very useful particularly when following several large topics.

Take a look here...

http://www.gofishing.co.uk/fishingforums/Forum-Landing/Forum-Categories/?forum-id=10

...and note the little blue arrows. Speak to Iain Toombs or Rose Lloyd and I'm sure they'll help you implement the same here. :smile:smile

Reply to this Topic
steve.g

Jan 08

steve.g says:

stop comparing....

bikes against each other. nobody can ride a friggin yam r1 yr 2k, yr2k blade, my 2k daytona , a tl1000 , an r6 flat out anywhere on the rd. some do, and they aint here anymore.

if you want em for trackdays, fair enough...but whats a friggin second or two a lap with amateurs riding (i.e..not bsb riders) or 10lb weight saving when some riders are 3 stone different.

loada bollox. :ph43r:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices