You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > VFR800 Throttle Response

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Tooshay

Dec 07

Tooshay says:

VFR800 Throttle Response

I bought a new VFR800 about a month ago & am very disappointed with it. I've covered over 1,000miles on it & the Throttle response is very snatchy anywhere below 5k revs. Also, riding along at 40mph or under, in any gear at half-throttle, the revs regularly try to surge. Honda say that it is fine because they are all like it. I've had enough of trying to put up with it as it's not getting any better with time. Can anyone please help me, does anyone know anyway of curing it, or atleast making it better than it is as standard? I'm prepared to try pretty much anything, even something like buying a power commander and getting it set-up properly... but obviously i don't want to spend that sort of cash unless i know it will actually work. I'm less than impressed with Honda's rubbish attitude towards the problem! Thanks in advance for any advice given.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (16 April 2009 14:15)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mrh3369

Jun 06

mrh3369 says:

Not right.

Do not accept this as its not right. My VFR has always been smooth check on the VFR forum and look for starter valves being balanced. Do you mean your dealer is dismissive or have you been in touch with Honda UK? If the dealer wont play ball go to another and contact Honda Uk about your problem.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices