Skip to content

General I reckon the days of sportsbikes numbered... Pub Talk - over 18s only

You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > I reckon the days of sportsbikes numbered...

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

steve.g

Jan 08

steve.g says:

I reckon the days of sportsbikes numbered...

if manufacturers will make limited edition gp reps, oh yes. but not the minger mass produced ones on sale now.

face it, yer dont want 180 bhp. why are they fitting 3 stage power control?? gixers?

save it for exclusivity. for those that CAN ride em, on track etc. rest of us, can you handle a 750 srad, pay 2.5k, spend grand on it? prob better than latest stuff!

look at the 1050 speed triple, why are they basing bikes on this style? prob because its the new trend...and more fun. havnt seen a 1050 daytona... wonder why???:winkie:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (20 April 2009 19:15)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
steve.g

Jan 08

steve.g says:

mr harlequin

driving through the coventry area today, saw a stunning 999, red with the white bits, briel on zorst, race sposor decals. first, i saw the rear end and thought desmocedici, then eyes to front, it was a 999! stunner.

ok, when i thought desmo... it was a monoposto and the sun was shining off it.

no better looking bike.

just a thought....6k can have one identical.....or 4k if you go 749 route, plenty saved for cam belt changes, and so what if its perhaps done 7k.

yet again im drooling, slobbering. AND there was a fit mini skirted lass other side of rd, but the 999 took my attention. i did turn around to perv at the fit 30 something though, was drooling again!!!:shock:

Reply to this Topic
scarthie

Feb 08

scarthie says:

sport bike numder yeah right

:smile your are a laugh sport bike are numder look at the new bikes what the bike man manfacturinges are making the have moto gp technology in them. i had gsxr 750 k6 that was bloodly fast as standard i get a k8 gsxr 750 as startard they have a bit more power in the top in the end. look at r&d in new bike the are get better&better&better ever year  :smiley:

Reply to this Topic
MrHarlequin

Aug 02

MrHarlequin says:

999 and mini

Hmmm... difficult call.

I keep looking at the 999's on ebay and thinking about them, but in truth, the position is just that bit too radical for me these days.

The 09 Blade I rode was in Repsol colours, and I think it looked good........... but not "special".  Amazing bike though, you could feel the technology working for you, but it wasn't intrusive.

My '92 Blade is not pretty, but it does, for me, have a certain 'presence' that modern bikes rarely come close too.

But that may just be my age. :biggrin:

But if those bloody numbers had come up a few minutes ago, I'd still have bought one, and a 999, and all sorts of other things :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
scutter21

Jan 09

scutter21 says:

sports bikes

ant a sports rider myself (like me comfort to much),had a go of a gsx 1000 a many moons ago but do thinck thay r still the best (looks and handaling):biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
opsman

Aug 02

opsman says:

swapped my 1098 for Speed Triple

Hi I swapped my ducati 1098 for a speed triple and so glad i did, I have never had so much since I had a Suzuki 1000 K5 (why did they change that) and for £8k its best money I spent in a long time..

www.ratyak.co.uk

Reply to this Topic
nik77

Feb 09

nik77 says:

I

have a k8 gixxer in black and carbon and i love the way it looks..But i see what you mean about the honda its fuking ugly but as someone has already said each to there own..

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices