Skip to content

General Helmet dropped... General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Helmet dropped...

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Des_Fireblade

Apr 08

Helmet dropped...

b*gger.....my helmet fell off the Ninja lastnight at Ladybower Inn......it fell off, and then rolled down the road....b*gger again. A £330 mistake...oh well could have been worse....could have dropped the bike :upset:!!

I parked the bike, the side-stand was in a bit of a dip so the bike was more leaned over than usual (first mistake), gloves on saddle, helmet on gloves (second mistake....normally gloves on tank & helmet on saddle), whilst I take my earplugs out & put key in pocket. Quick check of tyres.....warm & scuffed....good!!. Then it fell........there was silence from the spectators......think they might have thought I was going to turn into the hulk and smash everything up!! :lol:

Oh well....live & learn

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (23 April 2009 10:26)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
BEXI

Apr 06

BEXI says:

if its

an arai take it to the local dealers, HG where i am and they pack it off for you with just the postage to pay, comes back with a certificate to say it ok, from that distance i would think its ok, (voice of experience:huh:) i have done this twice and both times its come back within the week, better to be safe than sorry but i recon only that small height it will be ok, i dropped mine with a good clout as i fell over/collapsed and mate dropped it from bout 5' and both times they been ok

Reply to this Topic
ducatiboy1967

Feb 08

a familiar tale

I suspect many have done this.  I did it once when working at the NEC and it rolled allthe way down the parking lot!  Problem was it was the works one!  I deliberately bought a white Arai there so I could wear that:wink:.

Seriously, I always put the lid on the ground now as it just can't fall any further...unless we have an earthquake.

Reply to this Topic
Spire

Oct 04

Spire says:

Arai

HG sent my Arai off to be tested for free.

They do a report for you.

Mine said

outer shell: partial destruction

Inner shell: compressed

Comments: severe impact to the rear of the helmet . . . .scrap

DO NOT USE

Reply to this Topic
ducatiboy1967

Feb 08

Spire

Last time I went for a check up at the quacks the report was similar:shock:

Reply to this Topic
BBCTom

Apr 09

BBCTom says:

I knocked mine off the old GSXR and Heine Gerike took care of it for me free of charge.

I did buy it from them though :dopeyhmmmm:

Reply to this Topic
m1ks

Apr 09

m1ks says:

Closing the stable door and all that

But I recommend FFU, get into the habit of ALWAYS putting your helmet on the floor, it can't fall very far, worst case there is it rolls.
If you absolutely must keep it off the floor then clip the chin strap, (you should carry them this way when not in bags too), and hook over the mirror or highest handlebar followed by the chinpiece, if the chin piece slips the strap will hold it.
I used to put my hjelmet on the tank or seat too and typicaly i started putting it on the floor because it dropped off the mirror, still more secure there than seat regardless.

Incidentally, do you do the Ladybower run a lot? Ladybower, Castleton, the Strines, (do a wicked beef sarnie with pickle), used to be about my favourite run once upon a time.
If you're ever in Castleton and go into the Black Bull, do me a favour please, ask for the owner then spit in the Ignorant arrogant turds face for me, ta.
Many years ago he barred me simply because I had a helmet in my hand, (apparently he didn't serve my sort in there), I hadn't even had the chance to order a drink, was a freehold pub so probably still the same owner

Which brings to mind also a friend of mine who a few of us christened Castleton, (because he was beyond Hope)

Reply to this Topic
dodgerzx9

Nov 02

dodgerzx9 says:

Des

At a race meeting BSB we went to a helmet stand / display and was told that dropping it (unlike what I and others think) would NOT ruin the protective quality of the helmet unless it is something sharp or banged heavey (against chav head in fit of rage:biggrin:) it would still hold the same protectiveness:smile so worry not my friend you will be fine:tongue:

Reply to this Topic
oddbob

Mar 06

oddbob says:

On the floor

Years ago I spent two weeks wages on an X15 (came in GPz 900 colours so must be good). Went for a run out that evening and when we stopped for a break I put it down nice and safe on the pavement. Then my mate's bike fell on it. Bar end first. Bugger.

Reply to this Topic
jarobinson25

Apr 09

jarobinson25 says:

Dropped Helmet

You shouldn't need to replace it. Do a search on youtube for "Jay Leno meets the helmet guy".:smile

Reply to this Topic
Des_Fireblade

Apr 08

BEXI

thanks for the advice....will heed it!! :smile

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool