You are in... Forums > General > General > NEW TESTS ACCIDENTS IN ROTHERHAM

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

lucas_yamaha

Jul 08

lucas_yamaha says:

NEW TESTS ACCIDENTS IN ROTHERHAM

was watching calendar news last night just before watching 40 year old virgin and there was a piece on the new test centres and they were saying that they were unsafe as the surface was stupidly slippy in wet as it had rained.

Out of the 4 people that did their tests their 2 failed and 2 crashed , one of the people that crashed had a compound fracture to his arm.

And this is suppose to increases safety is it?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (28 April 2009 11:33)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

test

I agree lucas,It`s pathetic iv`e also heard that the instructor`s cannot all do it,:huh::huh:

Reply to this Topic
airwane

Mar 09

airwane says:

test

tell me about it!!:upset:
you are already not safe by going there!:wacko:

do they ask instructor for they view about it before making them new test! who decide those things anyway???

Reply to this Topic
used2bfast

Aug 07

used2bfast says:

I know I have said this before...

but w.t.f are they thinking about. :mad: All this because some tosser didn't tell the EU to gf itself. EU States the test has to be at 50kph, (31mph) that's why they are all off site FOOKIN' 1 MPH!!!

It don't matter too me, but I feel so pissed off for all the noobies, who have to jump through hoops to get a licence. Most won't bother, which is what the goverment want. They will all end up in more polluting traffic jam causing cars. As a noobie on a bike you may kill yourself. In a car you can killup to 5 people, plus another 5 in the other fookin car! Stick that up yer arse you do - gooding speed awarness, car driving push bike riding twats:mad:

Reply to this Topic
geoffart

Apr 08

geoffart says:

interesting!

interesting! they said this would happen, but I'm sure the government insisted that the test grounds would be speical anti-skid surfaces. Well, if I do the new test - which I know I must do, and I turn up on the day and its wet and taken on ordinary tarmac, I wonder if I could refuse to take it on the grounds of safety? I take it I could, but wouldnt get a refund.

Reply to this Topic
tim1b

Jun 06

tim1b says:

I

passed my test in rotherham, used to be a decent place to take it but sounds dangerous now, how can they fail some one for doing the manouvre in pi$$ing rain at 49kph when at 50kph everyone else is falling off, the new test is totally bullshit and just Brown and his $hit party cowtowing to the pr1cks in brussels:mad:

Reply to this Topic
geoffart

Apr 08

geoffart says:

dont worry

dont worry, because if people keep falling off, the media will be breathing down their necks!  They will have to re-think the test. I'm waiting to see what hppens here.  I thought there might be problems.

Reply to this Topic
brewbs

Aug 02

brewbs says:

f***ing moaners the lot of you

Hate to break the mould here but how many times have you guys had to perform a swerve on a real road? How many times have you been doing (far!) more than 31mph at the time? Is it unrealistic to expect this to be done in the wet when you that could easily happen in a real situation?

For christ sakes, if someone can't control a bike in a controlled environment in dodgy weather how the hell are they gonna do on a real road. Personally I would even say a swerve test is probably even more important than the emergency stop. When you're out on the road and some idiot pulls out in front of you you dont come to a stop do you, you swerve round and if there's chance get in front of the bugger!

Reply to this Topic
Anonymous

Jun 07

Anonymous says:

bump

:lol:

Reply to this Topic
geoffart

Apr 08

geoffart says:

"I'm all for safer riding"

OK brewbs ,  you have a very valid point, but when two people crash and the rest fail, something must have gone wrong? 

I'm all for safer riding, but if this test is to stand in the way of riding, rather than something highly encouraged (on top of the basic bike test), it has to be consistent for all riders doing it (everyone should do it in the wet and be trained that way), and it has to have a reasonable pass rate, otherwise younger riders will stop coming through on to the road; they'll just get their Ls at 16, then get a car - sadly. I'm sure that situation would suit the government just fine.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices