Skip to content

Discuss This Jerez MotoGP: Bridgestone investigate Dani Pedrosa tyre issue MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jerez MotoGP: Bridgestone investigate Dani Pedrosa tyre issue

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jerez MotoGP: Bridgestone investigate Dani Pedrosa tyre issue

Dani Pedrosa will find out the result of a Bridgestone investigation in Jerez this weekend after the Spaniard managed to claim a podium finish in the Japanese GP, despite serious front tyre wear. An immediate investigation was launched after the Repsol Honda rider finished third in the Twin Ring Motegi clash, despite problems with his choice of medium compound front Bridgestone...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (28 April 2009 14:40)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
TheCelticHound

Jun 08

LUCKY DANI

Judging by the state of the above tyre Dani would appear to have been lucky to not bin it on a tight right hander towards the latter end of the race. Maybe a change in Dani's fortunes are on the cards after his very good 3rd position. I dread to think how long he would have been out for if he had a heavy fall as he is still recovering from his earlier injuries. Ciao

Reply to this Topic
mooseKnuckles

Apr 09

Jeebus...

The chunking is actually quite near the center line of the tire...and VERY deep (you can actually see the underlying carcass of the tire!!) Dani was very lucky, as this could have led to a high-speed catastrophic tire failure. Yikes.

Reply to this Topic
brian4rossi

Aug 08

brian4rossi says:

lucky indeed...

Dani did well to bring it home at all, let alone take a podium. Hope Bridgestone get this sorted.

Reply to this Topic
Telboye1

Jun 08

Telboye1 says:

Maybe

It's a Honda geometry problem rather than a pure Bridgestone issue?

Reply to this Topic
kapps

Apr 09

kapps says:

pedrosa tyre!

This is apauling corporate jargon! Why when something as diabolical as this happens do they not hold up their hands and say "yes we've made a mistake, not sure how and not sure why but we blatently have. We apologise for this and will endeavour to ensure this doesn't happen again." It's so frustrating to think that this may have been the cause for Dani to lose rossi so quickly after making up so much ground! Well all i can say is good luck Dani and i hop this is your season!

Reply to this Topic
chc-pr

Aug 02

chc-pr says:

Kapps

Accusing Bridgestone of 'jargon' is just stupid.

Bridgestone said they didn't know what the problem is, they are looking into what caused it and they appologised to Dani and Honda.  All this DESPITE the fact that it as at least as likely to be a Honda issue as a Bridgestone issue.  I don't hear you calling for Honda to apologise to Bridgestone and I doubt you would even if it WAS prved to be Honda issue and not a tyre manufacture one.  Fact is, the tyre STILL performed - why don't you give Bridgestone credit for that?  I think it was a remarkable achievement, both for Pedrosa AND Bridgestone - and I am FAR from being one of Dani's admirers.

Why don't you wait to hear what the problem is BEFORE you leap to conclusions.  Honda have admitted they have a chassis problem which is causing excessive front wear.

Reply to this Topic
mooseKnuckles

Apr 09

kappos: have another look @ the post

Not sure you read the same post that I did. You asked why they don't apologize; from the article above "I would like to apologise to Dani and the Repsol Honda team". You asked them to put their hand up; again from above "We did see some problems with Dani Pedrosa’s medium compound front Bridgestone tyre after the race." Is it frustrating to have technical problems impact race results: you betcha. Does Dani deserve credit for getting a podium finish with such a fucked up tire: absolutely. And bonus kudos are due to the little guy for not moaning about it after the race. Still, fair play to Bridgestone for admitting the problem and apologising to Dani.

Reply to this Topic
ejppower

Mar 09

ejppower says:

doubtors

after seeing the state of this tyre perhaps now some of the dani doubtors can see that he is a good rider after all.

Reply to this Topic
Telboye1

Jun 08

Telboye1 says:

Never been

A fan of the little guy, but can't take anthing away from his ability to ride a bike fast. Considering all that was against him last weekend, Tyre/injuries it was a truly inspired performance, and well deserved result.

Reply to this Topic
goat46

Feb 09

goat46 says:

Tyres

Knowing the history of Danis manager , yes the tosser , he will probably try to get Bridgestone to force the entire Motogp field to run on the tyres of Danis specification , he has done worse !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices