You are in... Forums > General > General > MORRISON PETROL STATION

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

ccnc30

Oct 08

ccnc30 says:

MORRISON PETROL STATION

Has anyone else had problems with Morrison's petrol stations?  Me and my other half both use 2 different Morrison's our local is fine no problems at all but the one in Bodmin is a different matter.  Everytime we go there they refuse any fuel unless you put the bike on the stand and fill up next to the bike.  Now filling up the tank is impossible, you cannot see where the level is and where the nozzle is (especially being a short arse like me!!).  My hubby has had numerous arguments with the staff and they put it down to health and safety issues apparently we can set ourselves alight and burn down the petrol station and produce a slip from their head office to say so, but I think we all know that its because they feel that we are petrol theives.  Bit of a coincidence after there were tv news reports of petrol companies taking measures to stop fuel theft.  Why are we the ones who have to take the brunt of there actions.  I now avoid Morrisons in Bodmin as I was made to look a complete twat infront of van/lorry drivers first thing in the morning.  Car drivers do not have this problem, they don't get the hassle!!!!  They obviously don't need our money!!!  Thanks for listening I needed to get that off my chest:mad:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (28 April 2009 20:16)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MADMARK99

Jan 05

MADMARK99 says:

bump

Reply to this Topic
Blader2005

Dec 08

Blader2005 says:

I use

my local jet garage.. its always as cheap as all the supermarkets, and sometimes cheaper... and they have never asked me to get off bike to fill up, or to remove lid when paying, even tho there is a discreet sign to say otherwise.... but i think part of it is because i go in there so much with bike and car, they know me well enough now!! 

Reply to this Topic
MADMARK99

Jan 05

MADMARK99 says:

bump

:sleep:

Reply to this Topic
unclejimmy

May 12

unclejimmy says:

Morrison's petrol-vending policy could be problematic for disabled bikers

I recently wrote to Morrison’s on behalf of my cousin, a disabled biker, who fell victim to the ‘helmet off/step off’ policy.

Here’s what I got back.

Good afternoon Mr *****, 

Thank you for taking the time to email us. 

With regard to our policy on asking motorcyclists to remove their helmets in our petrol stations I would first like to confirm that our policy in respect of motorcycle helmets is consistent amongst members of the Downstream Fuels Association, and other major competitors. Legally we are required to be able to validate the minimum age for dispensing fuel and this can not be assessed adequately if riders keep their helmets on. 

We ensure there is signage in all our petrol stations clearly stating our policy, thereby allowing customers the opportunity to decide if they wish to purchase fuel from us. 

Your comments have been noted and whilst we appreciate not all motorcyclists are happy with this policy we have nothing further to add on this matter. 

Kind regards, 
-- 
Charlotte Hargreaves 
Customer Services Department 
Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC 

I can only say that I've never seen any signage to this effect in any Morrison's petrol station. And secondly, if a biker pays by credit card - like my cousin did - he's got to be at least 18, which is two years over the legal age for buying petrol, which is 16. 

But I wasn't able to reply to Ms Hargreaves' mail because when Morrison's send a response from their customer service unit, the e-mail addy they send it from is a 'no reply' one. So you have to go back on to their web site and explain things all over again.

Not very efficient. But that seems to be Morrison's way.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
JAWAPAWA

Sep 10

JAWAPAWA says:

jungle juice

unless paying at the pump, you have to dismount anyway to pay for the petrol?

And surely travelling 100s of miles to save a couple of pennies defeats the object?

I prefer Elf, but i never see the petrol stations anymore?

Do they still operate in the UK?

Jawa

Reply to this Topic
davemdixon

Jul 09

davemdixon says:

Elf ?

Arnt they owned by the Smurf group...:lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic
MakemRider

Jul 11

MakemRider says:

Haven't found a Morrisons

that sells fuel when I've needed it but at all the fuel stations I've filled up I've sat on the bike after only removing 1 glove (so I can use the card) & none have asked me to remove my helmet or get off the bike.

If I do go in to a Morrisons I'll do what I normally do, if they won't let me fill up then their loss not mine. Same for any other place with the same policy.

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

refueling

I've always gotten off the bike to fill up and don't buy the claims for those who fill up whilst astride the bike. Sat on the bike with helmet on etc does look like a potential drive off. Getting off the bike shows some degree of courtesy. You've got to go in the shop to pay so I don't see what the beef is.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices