Skip to content

Discuss This The new test is too tricky for novices Politics & the law

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > Politics & the law > The new test is too tricky for novices

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Anonymous  says:

The new test is too tricky for novices

I am a bike instructor in cumbria who has a few words on the complete balls up that is the new 2 part test. Last week at our new MPTC the 1st 4 instructors to try part 1, all failed to get up to speed on both attempts so would have failed their tests. How can we expect pupils with much...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (29 April 2009 15:45)

Post a message in Politics & the law

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
dwoollands

Jun 05

dwoollands says:

Thats the plan

This is the plan - less pass rates = less riders getting killed - or so the government thinks so anyway.

Reply to this Topic
Darowyn

Mar 05

Darowyn says:

In a profession that has suffered from a quarter century of ill-thought-out, half baked government initiatives, I decided on a policy of my own.

If you are told to do something really stupid, don't do it, no matter who gives the order. If the authorities are checking your performance, lie. They are wrong and doing the right thing is right.

Remember the Nuremburg trials after the war. "I was just following orders" is not an excuse for doing what is wrong or harmful.  If, in the conditions, 25 MPH is the safe speed  for the swerve test, then pass the candidate and tick the box.

And you can tell them I said you could.  There is much too much going-by-the-book in this country.

Power to the people!

Cheers

Dave

Reply to this Topic
redbullaholic

May 08

contact details below for the DSA's Chief Exec's office...... prehaps a 'few' emails and letters may help them get the message that the new test is a load of bollox!!!

Chief Executive’s Private Office - Correspondence
Contact Details

Address:
Chief Executive`s Private Office-Correspondence
The Axis Building
112 Upper Parliament Street
Nottingham NG1 6LP
Email: CEO.Correspondence@dsa.gsi.gov.uk

Reply to this Topic
GTATRRT

Apr 09

GTATRRT says:

new bike test

totally agree,we have 50 miles round trip to test and 2 hrs 40mins,to have your nervous system upset watching your trainee's doing the avoidance exercise,we demonstrate the exercise before our students do an exercise on the new test,why not ask the examiner to demonstrate the test for the trainee first,then we can see that it is safe for the trainee to do it.So far we have been lucky everyone has passed,but the weather has been ok.Think we will shut in winter,and send our wage bill to the DSA.

Reply to this Topic
DaveRM

Mar 09

DaveRM says:

By the Book

I absolutely agree with Darowyn. Just tick the damn box. I reckon he must have been a copper, I was and I remember all those bloody initiatives.

Reply to this Topic
swkdl01

Aug 02

swkdl01 says:

all of our trainers would have passed - having spoken to other instructorsi do not know of any other schools in the south wales area  that have a problem with the Test either - yes some of the schools have a long way to travel which is something that needs to be fixed

this is the plan - less pass rates = less riders getting killed - or so the government thinks so anyway.

MCN is doing a good enough job in reducing the amount of candidates with CR££ that they  are talking

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle