Skip to content

Discuss This MotoGP Blog: Britain’s Articulate Grand Prix Boy Racers MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > MotoGP Blog: Britain’s Articulate Grand Prix Boy Racers

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Mike Nicks  says:

MotoGP Blog: Britain’s Articulate Grand Prix Boy Racers

There is an argument that exposing children to sport too early in their lives converts them into robotic racing clones, with brittle-thin personalities and narrow interests. But you only had to see Bradley Smith’s comportment on the podium at Jerez and in the press conference after his first-ever 125cc victory to appreciate that he’s articulate, courteous and cultivated. Bradley, now 18,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (04 May 2009 08:22)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
hjworton

Aug 02

hjworton says:

Well Said

British Teenagers usually get a kicking by just about everyone. These 3 are role models for the youngsters watching around Britain and the world and bely their tender years with mature performances both on the bike and in front of the mic. All 3 of them deserve success at world level, lets hope they continue to be given the chance to mix it with the Italians and Spaniards....

Reply to this Topic
andemcfc

Feb 03

andemcfc says:

Credit

The British lads competing in the 125gp are a total credit to this country.I  for one am always so impressed by how they conduct themselves during interviews.And watching Bradders on that podium singing our national anthem really did make my day.Well done to all of them.You did your country and families proud!!!

Reply to this Topic
BRAD-SP1

Sep 07

BRAD-SP1 says:

A credit they are

But it's a shame that the BBC don't show this side of them. I haven't heard mention of the cracking results for our young lads in any BBC news sport report just the usual football biased c*!p. So much for improved coverage.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

What argument?

"There is an argument that exposing children to sport too early in their lives converts them into robotic racing clones, with brittle-thin personalities and narrow interests."

Is there really?  I've never heard it or its justification , please do tell.

Reply to this Topic
TheCelticHound

Jun 08

INTELLIGENCE REQUIRED

Yes as quite rightly stated above our three protagonists in the 125cc series conduct themselves with aplomb when interviewed. The requirements necessary to reach the zenith in any sport are natural talent bloody hard work and a fair measure of intelligence. Not necessarily academic but most definitely a keen intelligence for whatever sport one is involved in. Also the more dangerous the sport the more down to earth the competitors appear and our beloved sport is most certainly very dangerous. Hopefully our 3 young warriors can continue to improve their finishing positions throughout the season and who knows how far they can go. Ciao 

Reply to this Topic
Stavros7

Oct 04

Stavros7 says:

Credit

Agreed andemcfc. Well put.

Reply to this Topic
Sharpies

May 09

Sharpies says:

What a shame

What a shame that these lads could only get to where they are know and at such a young age, by leaving England and competing in the Spanish 125 championships. Most of the top current moto gp riders have come from the 125 class, things are at last looking good for the future. Well done lads. 

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Boy Racers

These Kids are great , but they dont do it for thier country , first thing they do when they earn enough is to piss off where the tax isnt as much . The sportsmen i've been unfortunate enough to meet have been mostly egotistical spoilt brats

Reply to this Topic
missmoto45

May 09

missmoto45 says:

125 tales

comprtment....i had to look that up !!

i quite agree tho Mike, these lads are smart, articulate role models...inteligence is part of the forumla for success in bike racing, especially GP.

Reply to this Topic
custarduk

Nov 08

custarduk says:

I had the pleasure of chatting to Danny Webb for a couple of minutes at the BEMSEE 100th Anniversary club meet at Brands a couple of weeks ago, just after Quatar. Normal conversation without that feeling you're being patronised by someone giving you the relevant info to keep you happy, if you know what I mean. Good to see he was taking an interest at grass roots level as well.

Just been watching the British 125 Championship on Eurosport and Bradley Smith is sponsoring Martin Glossop instead of squandering his winnings from his maiden win. What a lad!

If this is a sign of the young talent we have to look forward to, it looks like a sunny horizon for bike racing in this country at all levels, both on and off the track.

Keep it up lads!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices