Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

vtrryan

Mar 09

vtrryan says:

Knee Down

I had my knee down on sunday for the first time!:smile

Only thing was police van coming on to roundabout the thought going in my head ooo S**T

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (06 May 2009 00:02)

Post a message in Riding Skills

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
iancol

Sep 07

iancol says:

Knee down

Don't forget to nominate charity donations (which one) or flowers...

Reply to this Topic
rossicrazy46

Mar 09

rossicrazy46 says:

y

do people always think that knee down is so dangarous. hanging off the bike is the safest way to corner as you keeping the bike more upright and so more contact patch rather than siting bolt upright and running right to the edge of the tyres:blink:

Reply to this Topic
tsgv

Jan 09

tsgv says:

its not that its dangerous getting your knee down its just that on british public roads (not tracks) with the crapness at which they are maintained and the reasonable speed required to get your knee down then does make it quite dangerous out on the public highways :smile

But on a track its perfectly safe to do so and yes you are right it does make the bike handle better in the bends

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
paddyboyo

Oct 05

paddyboyo says:

knee down

I think getting your knee down on pulic roads is safe as long as you use your head.....dont try any corners you havn't been round before, ride them slowly first and check for lose chippings that usually build up on the outter edge. Secondly, make sure its a quiet dry day as you do tend to come round at quite a pace and you can bet you bottom dollar as you come around to the next exit some blind driver will be pulling out, plus you'll be less visable two inches from the floor!

Reply to this Topic
rizlajon

Nov 08

rizlajon says:

knee down

:lol: i know this corner :lol:

Attached images:

1. SDI_6413  
  2. SDI_6744  
Reply to this Topic
juicemaster

Jul 09

juicemaster says:

Knee Down

Have never got my knee down, Is there anyone out there in the devon area that might be able to give me some time in showing me how i should be going about it. Live nr Exeter 

Reply to this Topic
gizzabreak

Apr 07

gizzabreak says:

Always makes me laugh

When people post up these pics of themselves getting the knee down when they're hardly even leaned over

:lol:

Those photos above are a joke.

Judging by that angle of lean, at that corner speed I'd expect my Mum to go around you on her C90.

Sports bike riding wannabe racers.

You gotta love em :lol:

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

lol

I've never got my knee down....

I've accidentally had my toe scraping the floor though. My boots didn't like it.

Reply to this Topic
motocollect

Apr 06

motocollect says:

Knee down on the Road - A load of Tosh!

Agree with gizzabreak.  Maybe if I was keeping company with Rossi, Spies, Camier etc., I might have have to get my knee down.  You really have to be on the limit, on a track and on a modern race bike to NEED to do this.  OK for a poser out for a Sunday run on his tricked up Fireblade as he brakes 30 yards to early for a roundabout that any decent rider can 'straight line' and then impress his mates in the Box Hill car park with his scuffed knee sliders, but for us 'Real Riders' its a Joke!   

Reply to this Topic
Mapman

Mar 09

Mapman says:

Knee down

Totally agree. For most of the time on public roads, 'the limit' is dictated by conditions, how far you can see ahead and other traffic, not the bike or having your knee down. A bike that handles well makes it all a bit easier and more fun, but if you're near the bike's limit or gaining an advantage by having your knee down, you're probably going too fast for the circumstances. Knee down is trackcraft, not road craft.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices