Skip to content

Discuss This Video: BMW S1000RR walk-around New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Video: BMW S1000RR walk-around

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: BMW S1000RR walk-around

MCN's Phil West explains some of the details and technical features of the new BMW S1000RR at the world launch at Monza, Italy.  BMW S1000RR officially unveiled WSB star says road riders will love new BMW S1000RR Check out this week's MCN, on sale Wednesday 13 May, for full details on BMW's new 1000cc superbike.   http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid771491905http://www.brightcove.com/channel.jsp?channel=711881422 // By use of this...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (11 May 2009 09:34)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
toe_down_sv_racing

Jan 08

Oh Dear

Iam slowly being converted .... still the colours are making me realise i wont fully agree just yet, mind!

I just cant grow to like the "gills" on the side...

For such an angular bike, it has gills on one side, and a big hole in the other???/

i dont get it

and it looks awful :-(

Reply to this Topic
EasyNinja

Jul 05

EasyNinja says:

ITS AN R6

with a bmw badge - bloody copycats

Reply to this Topic
zingaman

Dec 08

zingaman says:

I Want One Now

I think that they look great and as long as they go like stink, sound good, handle well, price is right, it will be a toss up between the Aprillia and the BMW.

Reply to this Topic
ayrshirenutter

Jan 09

at last

it looks like BMW haven't used those stupid bloody indicator switches

Reply to this Topic
EdinburghFalco

Mar 09

Its just plain ugly and not in a "you can grow to love it" ugly, its a "Oh my Gwad that's Ugly" Someone in the BMW design department should be left in a room with a revolver and asked to do the honourable thing

Reply to this Topic
yamtcat

Jul 05

yamtcat says:

Hmmm

Yes very like my R6...apart from that hideous left headlight as you look at it, oh and the fish gills

Reply to this Topic
fatbloke00

Mar 06

fatbloke00 says:

Too ugly to look at

I paid a deposit and pre-ordered one of these a few months ago.  Today is the first time I have seen the road-going version - and it is unbelieveably ugly.  I'll be calling my dealer and cancelling my order later today.  I'm not really interested in paying 12k for a bike that looks as ridiculous as this.

Reply to this Topic
toofast

Aug 02

toofast says:

as...ymetricity..

kotz....pheeww...oh, claimed they had 'got the message!??'..now BMW design guys prove the contrary...common'maaaaan.. die jungs sind wirklich mutig aber...obviously couldn't decide which hypersports-bike to rip off.. :))) ... so ripped off all of 'em!!! 'cept the worst bits..!!!?? 'scuse me?..Oh I see,.. form follows function... or sommat.. pass me another 'Augustiner' und weiswurst..bitte....buuuuuuuuurp...

Reply to this Topic
atstovas

May 09

atstovas says:

I like this bike...

if I had enogh money to by one I would take it for sure :)This apportunity may be apear after some 10 years :)

Reply to this Topic
MSN1

Feb 09

MSN1 says:

Form follows function

This is a machine, not a woman. If it is as outstanding as they say, I could accept the looks. The assymetrical lights are a bit weird, but otherwise, it follows the design script form the big four Japanese makers, and if it beats them at their own game, that would be a form of beauty better than aesthetics. The Japanese dethroned the Euros, notably the original MV Agusta, decades ago. If BMW can cobble together its first attempt to compete with the established dominators in power-to-weight, and track performance on its first go-around, while being competitive also in price, more power to them. Sign me up!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices