Skip to content

Ask an Expert Medical Insurance warning Touring & travel

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Touring & travel > Medical Insurance warning

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

digitaldemon

Feb 09

digitaldemon says:

Medical Insurance warning

One week before I loaded my bike on to a ferry to tour Europe for a couple of weeks I thought I'd better get all my papers together. For some reason that I'll never know, I had a look at the small print on my annual worldwide travel insurance with Columbus - they don't cover you if you sit on anything bigger than a 125cc bike while away.  I could go skiing, sky diving, underwater diving but I can't ride a bike bigger than a 125 :shock:

I phoned them to check - surely it's a mistake?
 Nope. 
 How much does it cost to add? 
 You can't add riding a bike.   

Needless to say I won't be renewing next year!!!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (13 May 2009 09:10)

Post a message in Touring & travel

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mrh3369

Jun 06

mrh3369 says:

Thats standard.

The moral of this story is to always read the small print and be aware of what you are covered for and if you need specific cover check it is included before you buy.:wink:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Hommedv

Feb 09

Hommedv says:

Medical insurance & biking

I discovered this same thing last year when my insurance documents came through the post. I e-mailed the broker who arranged an endorsement to give full medical cover for both my wife and me when we were touring within the EC on my 1200 BMW. This was done at no extra premium. The brokers are first class - Orbis Insurance Services 01424 220110. They have done the same for me this year. I have a medical condition which they fully cover and full worldwide travel insurance for the two of us is £96.17 for the year.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices