Skip to content

Where to Ride Newbie in Aldershot Meets, routes and tours (UK)

You are in... Forums > Where to Ride > Meets, routes and tours (UK) > Newbie in Aldershot

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

haylz

May 09

haylz says:

Newbie in Aldershot

Hey there, Just wondering if there are any newbies in the Aldershot area. I passed my test like a week ago. Got my Bike yesturday.

Just wondering!!!!

Haylz

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (13 May 2009 12:40)

Post a message in Meets, routes and tours (UK)

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Roadrunner007

Jun 09

CBT and Test

When you do your cbt with your instructor he'll give you some advice regarding when to take your test. Many of them will say that it's best to continue straight on from CBT as you are in the learning mode and you can be moulded in to a rider that can pass the test. If you ride for a significant period of time between passing CBT and your test you may need to re-lean some aspects of your riding style as we all do certain things slightly differnt to how they expect you to on a test. You also need to judge how comfortable you feel. If you feel comfortable after your CBT then I would say book a batch of lessons :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
jockrider

Aug 08

jockrider says:

gay

first hello to londonangel, second its gonna b bout 2 weeks till iv sorted my bike.

Reply to this Topic
londonangel

Dec 07

londonangel says:

hi

Hello jockrider!, hope you get it sorted soon!:wink:

Reply to this Topic
jockrider

Aug 08

jockrider says:

i know

trust the weather to b gd when my bikes in shop. did u say were doing ur test? wot bike hav u got ur eye on when u pass?

Reply to this Topic
londonangel

Dec 07

londonangel says:

Yep, all booked, doing my theory next week, practising as we speak! seem ok so far,

CBT week after, then test week in July! can't wait.

Been looking at bikes, quite fancy the new GSXR600, feels comfy, not too high or heavy

Reply to this Topic
jockrider

Aug 08

jockrider says:

gd choice

the gixers a gd bike but dont rule out the cbr600rr. i think its easier to ride, beause its better for improving ur skills on. where as the gixers looks better but doesnt give u confedance to improve. if u need any help i want to b a riding instructor (when my points come off) so ask any ting.

Reply to this Topic
londonangel

Dec 07

londonangel says:

I will, thanks!

Looked at a new CBR600 yesterday, black with green, absolutely gorgeous! I did find it a bit taller than the GSXR and the seat felt wider, so maybe not as comfy on longer rides? having said that, havn't ruled it out!

Reply to this Topic
npwizardgd

Jun 09

npwizardgd says:

angel

saw you'd posted on another newbie topic & just to add to the masses of advice you've got already...agree with the comments about easier 600's than the gsxr's/cbr's etc. there are far more 'friendly' first big bikes around - ok they might not be quite as shexy but you might be less likely to put them in the hedge.

its fun testing them all though.

Reply to this Topic
haylz

May 09

haylz says:

the Bandit

i went for a suzuki bandit 650cc. its a great first bike. it has the power and its a sit up type bike and looks great. Mine is treating me very well.

This saturday i am going to go with shyhoulud for his triumph test rides.

Weather is meant to be so good this weekend. I take it the ride out is cancelled till the following weekend. i shall be out on sunday somewhere on my bike enjoying the weather.

Reply to this Topic
npwizardgd

Jun 09

npwizardgd says:

don't rule it out

itching to get a few hours on the viffer this weekend so might just try & get down to you if thats ok. will confirm. I guess Sunday would be the day? might have to sky+ the racing.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices