You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > LED indicators

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

jonahman

May 09

jonahman says:

LED indicators

HELP. ive fitted LED indicators to my bike (suzi1400) but they flash a bit faster than normal , is this normal and will it pass the MOT  ??? ANY HELP ???

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (13 May 2009 18:54)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Mynott

Apr 09

Mynott says:

hmmm

could be many reasons could mean ur old ones was not good as they sould be

could be your wiring or the settings of the new lights btw what colour are they ??

Reply to this Topic
jonahman

May 09

jonahman says:

led indicators

hi
orange leds ,they flash slower when ignition  is on  /bike is running etc the old ones were ok and they were wired up  old wires ??

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

flash

Sounds like the LED`s are taking less current than the original one`s,this will make them flash quicker,did you get a flasher unit with them? Don`t know how many flasher`s per second they should be:hmmm:

Reply to this Topic
turbooutlawuk

Feb 04

led

you can get flasher units at great expense but easiest way i found was to buy some 10holms resistors from maplins they are about£1.25 for 10  put a couple across the conections  thats both wires that lead to the indicators  they smoke a bit to start with then they are ok  they slow the winking rate down and its lot cheaper than the prices they charge on (theifbay )

Reply to this Topic
cbr929fireblade

Jan 09

led indicators

hi ... i had same prob on my blade .... i just popped to dealer and got the led flash unit for 20 quid and prob solved. you can also find em on ebay listed as a wide range frequency flash relay. you just replace your original one. as for m.o.t. i have known testers failing  fast flashing indicators because it is a timed amount, but that all depends on your testers mood at the time.

Reply to this Topic
skippytoo

May 08

skippytoo says:

fast flashers

Hi, sorry to say but ignore all previous tips. Go to Demon Tweeks or M&P and buy flasher unit for YOUR bike ie Honda, Yamaha, about £15-£20 two mins to change over. You will find them on the same page they are selling LED indicators. Skippy :smile

Reply to this Topic
iain1972

Mar 09

iain1972 says:

Reply to this Topic
gjkt

Jul 09

gjkt says:

Flashers

I was always led to believe that they should flash between 60 & 100 times a minute.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices