Skip to content

General Gixxer crash - Dudley Pub Talk - over 18s only

You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > Gixxer crash - Dudley

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

oddbob

Mar 06

oddbob says:

Gixxer crash - Dudley

Was working on him as I came past at tea-time. Hope he's ok.
That's 3 in 2 months on a 2 mile stretch of the bypass. Everybody be careful out there.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (14 May 2009 20:49)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
EasyNinja

Jul 05

EasyNinja says:

jeeze

and that bypass is smooth and doesnt have any bad bends.

hope the guys ok.. if any1 knows him ... let us know with an update on his condition will u. :upset:

Reply to this Topic
oddbob

Mar 06

oddbob says:

Roundabouts

All 3 were on the islands. This was the Peartree lane end. Speeds down there are crazy, lots of traffic, lots of pulling out or drifting across lanes without looking. :upset:

1st was a black sportsbike, rider standing, small crowd. I had a moment on the wreckage of his fairing going home the next day.
2nd was a scuffed Gixxer leaning up the wall at the other end. Police car in attendance.

Reply to this Topic
EasyNinja

Jul 05

EasyNinja says:

this weather dont help either does it

esp if theres grease and oil on the roads!!

we've gone from looking like a cracking good summer back to wintery condtions again.. great!!

Reply to this Topic
Shornthesheep

Apr 09

the most ...

" god awefull " set or roundabouts ive ever come across ... got knocked off by an " hearse " on the dudley castle island ...( which was handy i suppose ) ..unfortunatly.. it was occupied already , with a coffin .. ( prolly going to pick a corpse up i recon ) ....

Reply to this Topic
pussinboots

Aug 02

pussinboots says:

dudley

hope the ridersare ok...

I got cut up by a white van in sleet & hit the deck on the dudley castle roundabout..bloody hell..not a good place to lay your bike down :shock:

& pear tree industrial estate the road surface is crap:blink:

puss jnr has names for the roundabouts on the way to and from  dudley..one of the worst is 'death trap island' which is Burnt tree island I think..

Reply to this Topic
oddbob

Mar 06

oddbob says:

Probably OK

Hi All.

Nothing in the paper or on the West Mids Ambulance press release page so hopefully he was ok.

Looks like Burnt Tree is being dug up and replaced with a crossroads. Starts July - 21 month project:shock:

Won't do anything about all the arsehole drivers though. Had an Audi tailgating me through there last winter for daring to do 40 in a 40. I think he was annoyed that I had the 5 foot of road that wasn't completely covered in snow.

There's some really interesting debris down there too. I ran over the flat metal bit off the tie down strap off a wagon. The front wheel fired it through the back tyre. Which was nice...

I'm through there a couple of times a day so wave if you see a fat bloke on an Er6.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices