Skip to content

Discuss This Tagged for dropping sweets General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Tagged for dropping sweets

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Tagged for dropping sweets

A motorcyclist has told how he was electronically tagged for four months and given a 36-hour community order – for dropping mint imperials while riding. Thomas Payne, 19, must be at home from 8pm till 6am under the terms of his ankle tag after police spotted the trail of sweets left by his Yamaha DT175. A police charge notice said...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (15 May 2009 14:39)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
rgbarge

Feb 09

rgbarge says:

Sweet Droppings

Were they Humbugs ?

Reply to this Topic
Richard T

Aug 07

Richard T says:

Ludicrous!

Should have appealed, might have got his costs too.

(How much are mint imperials thee days?)

Reply to this Topic
deebeeh

Oct 05

deebeeh says:

But why plead quilty?

The charges say  "in such circumstances that it would have been obvious to a reasonable person that to do so would be dangerous"

Any reasonable person would not, I wager, agree.

Lucky  it wasn't jelly babies or the filth would have stuck child cruelty on for good measure

Reply to this Topic
bizza

Aug 02

bizza says:

quote: intentionally and without authority or reasonable cause, caused sweets to be on a road,
should have got a lawyer if you did sack him and get a better one next time

look at the bright side you will be able to make your own furniture now after the woodwork classes

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

Somone is taking the piss right? This can't be serious surely. 'caused sweets to be on the road'... policing is a sad joke it really is. The idea of going to Afghanistan in a few months is seeming less worth while as this is what I will come back to. I think i'm going to emigrate when i can because the people in charge of this once great country are poor jokes just like the ones that enforce their pathetic unjust laws

Reply to this Topic
ibike

Mar 09

ibike says:

the face of evil

This man is on a par with any bigtime criminal.  One minute it's "intentionally dropping sweets" from his motorcycle, the next it'll be bank robbery.  He really should be publicly flogged as well as being given an electronic tag, a curfew and community service.

Seriously -

1) why was he charged with this in the first place?

2) why the hell did he plead guilty?

ibike

PS. it's reports like this that remind us that common sense really isn't all that common afterall

Reply to this Topic
moorepitz

Oct 05

moorepitz says:

Justice

Lets hope the same coppers & magistrate get one of those B*st*rd car drivers that throw their cigerettes out of car windows. Now they are dangerous on the roads I've been burnt by the w**kers  a few times in my thirty odd years on the road!

That should warrant at least a life sentence.

Reply to this Topic
moorepitz

Oct 05

moorepitz says:

Half my comment dissapeared!!!

Half the comment deissappeared. I was complaining about Car drivers that throw out cigarette ends and that they should meet the same copper & magistrate. Now that would be justice. I've been burnt by these folk ignoring whats going on around them and throwing their rubbish out.   That should warrant at least a life sentence!

Reply to this Topic
CBR69

Feb 09

CBR69 says:

SHOCKING!!

cant believe he's got all that from dropping sweets, if they were falling from his pocket, clearly it was unintentional and they said for the amount of time they were following.......he should have known......:mad:, if they felt so strongly about it they should have stopped him straight away and got the the lad to pick them up, not punish him like that!! so whats next, if you get caught breathing on a motorbike, 3 points and a £50 fine, c'mon...... giz a f***ing break!!:mad: surely his only crime is that bloody haircut!! :lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic
trevrobwhite

Jun 07

trevrobwhite says:

Sounds about right

Sounds about right, yet if you were riding while banned, had no insurance or was involved in a master credit card scam no charges would have been brought.

This country has become nothing more than a rip off and pathetic no wonder the brits a fleeing it.  It's very sad to see.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle