You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Tyres > Busa tyres Pirelli angel st

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

MICR0N

Oct 06

MICR0N says:

Busa tyres Pirelli angel st

Hi Just had a set of the new pirelli angel st fitted to my 99 busa yesterday.Many thanks to Mark at a.b.motors of peterborough for ordering and fitting and the great service.So far im realy impressed with them especialy in the wet,and they stick like s**t to a shovel,handling and response so far they seem excellent although being in the wet im not pushing them very hard.If you like diablo strada's youll love these,as noticeable better.Ill update over the mileage/tyre life later when ive done some decent mileage.But first impressions are excellent,considering the busa has chewed up most other makes, probably the best tyres so far,but time will tell.So far well recomended.

MICR0N

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (19 May 2009 10:26)

Post a message in Tyres

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Dabbsy

Aug 02

Dabbsy says:

Busa tyres

Hi Micron,

That's really interesting, I'd certainnly be interested in how you get on with them over the lifetime compared to the other makes you've tried. Which are those?

Chris

Reply to this Topic
MICR0N

Oct 06

MICR0N says:

Hi Dabbsy

I have tried lots of tyres including Dunlop 207/208's,Avon azaro's ,Bridgestone bt56 j spec , bt14 ,Pirelli diablo's to name but a few. The Dunlop's were terrible in the wet and didnt last long at all,like riding on ice in the wet.The avons weren't bad but tread wore very uneven, very weird wear off centre and uneven especialy the front (apparently due to roundabouts).bridgstones werent bad at all but tyre life could be better.pirelli diablo's were good but again tyre life.All the makes and model's i have tried all gripped pretty good in the dry but some better than other's in the wet.Tyre life is probably the biggest problem with the busa and you have to accept it,ive never had a problem with grip on the busa as you point and it goes and holds well with all tyres i have tried.None of the tyres i have tried ticked all the boxes the bt56's have come close though.The bt 56's and diablo's handled all the power better in the wet than all other tyres i have tried until i had the angel's fitted.i could probably think of more tyer's i have tried and how thay handled if i think a bit harder.hope all this help's

Micron

Reply to this Topic
motoxmad80

Aug 09

motoxmad80 says:

angel st's!!

Thats really helpfull at the minute to me, as I have a 52 zx636, im thinking of angel st,avon storm st and michelin pilot road 2's. I think you've just made my mind up, yreseven though its obviously a different bike. I would def say michelin as sport/touring tyres . Its just an extra £40 for the road 2's. The bike I'd love to get next is a triumph 675. What a bike. I had test ride and man that thing just sang all the right notes.

Reply to this Topic
mikelt

Nov 09

mikelt says:

Pirelli Angel ST

I ride aSuzuki SV1000('08) and my wife rides a Ducati Multistrada 1100(58).We both had Angel STs fitted in May '09 and have each covered about 8500 miles on them.After45 miles fom new they suddenly sprang to life.It was amazing.We love them:everything about them is great-wet and dry grip,feedback,comfort and wear.They still have 1000 miles in them,which should take us to Christmas,when,needless to say,we shall buy more of the same.Our previous recent tyres have been Pirelli Diablo Corsa,Bridgestone Battlax(on SV650) and Michelin Pilot Road.

Reply to this Topic
a68war

Aug 07

a68war says:

Pirelli Angel ST

Had mine fitted two years ago. Great tyres, recommend for Busa (Have Orange and Black 2008/58). Done nearly 6000miles on them now and back tyre is starting to shred in the centre with quite a bit of tread left on edges. Front is half worn but worn to a square sided vee shape if you know what I mean. So handling has gone now and can't wait until Saturday when I get another new set of these. Original Bridgestones lasted 3000miles only. I much prefer the Pirelli Angels which hold the line well and turn in and corner excellent.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices